1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Campaign] Elder Scrolls Wars

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by salvadorc17, Nov 10, 2015.

1. salvadorc17

salvadorc17

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

Created by salvadorc17

Campaing Info:

This campaing is based on the history of Elder Scrolls game series, and all the content related from the game series.

Gameplay:

Each campaing mission you need to command an army and defeat the opponent by completing main objectives.

History:

Tamriel in 3rd Era, there was so much conflict and different battles between the races happen meanwhile the Dominion advance to conquer the Empire Lands, all the events happen here take since the conquer of Imperial City by king Cuhlecain, almost the start of the Thalmor invasion ending the 3rd era.

Features:

• -Custom campaing units based on elder scrolls.
    • -Many lore about the game series.
    • -Maps based on Tamriel.

Screenshots and Videos:

Some Screenshots

Imperial City:
    [​IMG]

Sancre Tor:
    [​IMG]

Hammerfell:
    [​IMG]

Change Log:

Change Log

Version 3

Added:
    -Attack at Imperial City.
    -Battle of Firewaves.
    -Battle of Sancre Tor.
    -War of the isle.

Credits:
    Special Thanks:
    Bethesda Softworks for create Elder Scrolls
    Also thanks to:

Wandering Soul - Foot Archer
    wingednosering - Footman Cavalry
    frostwolf - Orc shaman and spearman

Author's notes:
    The Campain is work in progress, can contain bugs, please comment for improvements, take note i cannot use any Elder Scrolls game content for this.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  2. Budbuds

Budbuds

Resources:
    Resources:
    The third era ended during the Oblivion crisis (ES4) When Martin Septim, last heir to the throne gave his life to seal the barrier between Tamriel and Oblivion forever. Because Skyrim takes place in 4th era 199-200ish and Delphine say its been 30 years since the great war between the Thalmer and the Empire.

Other then that I like the idea and I can't wait to test it.

3. salvadorc17

salvadorc17

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, i just was talking which periods ill consider into the campaing plot, not will include Oblivion crisis. What do you think about the gameplay screenshoots?

4. Budbuds

Budbuds

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like the use of weather. Also hold shift when you place walls, it will allow you to merge them together so they don't look weird. Maybe use more custom models that fit and are you new to world editor or how much experience do you have?

5. salvadorc17

salvadorc17

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not really new, i have enough experience, but doing terrain is not my fortress, I prefer do custom units but for the models, i had the problem, there was not characters that fit with elder scrolls..

6. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    You should try adding rolling shores they look much better see this screenshot Budbuds map, "Azeroth: Fires of War" for example. (Elder Scrolls has so many fans, so I'm sure it will do well but the terrain is just the dullest thing I've ever seen.)

[​IMG]

7. salvadorc17

salvadorc17

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, no problem, i understand, will fix maps when have some free time..

Note: Still looking for some maps designers/scripters, pm if youre interested.

8. The Algerien

The Algerien

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can help with the terrain I know nothing about scrips though

9. Silva

Silva

Resources:
    Resources:
    How's the progress on this ?

10. salvadorc17

salvadorc17

Resources:
    Resources:
    Right now, after some time i have reuplaoded file, to allow you some other of you preview current campaign missions.

11. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You could approve the terrain a little try to fill with different doodads, Stuff..etc

12. Mr.Tic

Mr.Tic

Resources:
    Resources:
    I hope you'd reconsider adding the oblivion crisis. I'm a huge elder scrolls fan btw.

Also, looking forward to massacre some Thalmor, I hate them to oblivion and back!

A wild idea - what about some random humor? Like adding a bonus level featuring Sheogorath :D

This project could be colossal, hope you see it through, I'd love to replay ES like this :)

13. salvadorc17

salvadorc17

Resources:
    Resources:
    You mean custom doodads, or vanilla ones but just add more quantity??

14. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Both. As a matter of fact, the current game lacks in both terrain and the unit/structure uniqueness, while TES has it's own flair of fantasy, apart from Hammerfell where Bretons originate from there's very little framework architecture and traditional European fantasy, with Nords being more viking-esque, Empire being Rome-inspired and elves having at least some faint Asiatic aesthetic cues, your map... well, it looks like just Warcraft. You can rename things all you want but you need some more original yet appealing terrain that does remind of TES games, not Warcraft 3 with names changed. Consider looking up on some terrain decoration tutorials (also look up Elder Scrolls Online screenshots if you haven't played it, it has the entire world covered and architecture didn't change that much over the ages so you can take a lot of inspiration from it) and try to make units and faction designs look less Warcraft.