• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Dumbest Question Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
OK, So I just got the mega awesome SCII editor with the latest patch, started doing some random bullshit with it and... now I'm trying to make some interesting triggers to test out how the new Galaxy language works. I had no problems in the GUI part, but now I started writing directly into Galaxy Code. Seems pretty easy, just like C++ but without all those funky extras to it. The problem is I am an idiot and I can't seem to understand how the hell am I supposed to make the map work with the code I just wrote. There is no Save, just Export. If I just leave the code like that and save the map and click Test it generates totally new code from the GUI Triggers and my hand-written code is lost. I tried to Import the .galaxy file as MapScript.galaxy, but it didn't let me. So... how the hell do I make the hand-written code work? For now I am only able to save it as a .galaxy file outside the map... :hohum: :hohum:

Level 3
Wish I could help you but I'm sticking strictly with GUI for the moment. I wish you luck finding a solution however and please post if you find out.

Level 8
Trigger Editor -> Data -> View Script

The "Not Yet Implemented" option on the drop down menu when you right click a trigger (if that's what you meant) is for marking a trigger as inactive due to not being complete :D It's not something that blizzard didn't implement yet ;) Don't get confused like I did :D

Status
Not open for further replies.