• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Custom Map Loader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello,

For those who are in the Beta and want to test out the Galaxy Scripting language, I've made a Hello World map that let you do it.

It's rather painful to do it manually as you have to use a 3rd party loader and edit MPQ files. Therefore I've made a simple batch file that does it for you.

How to use it:
  • Download and Extract the SC2HelloWorldMap.rar
  • Edit the MapScript.galaxy file
  • Run the launch.bat
  • Enjoy the map with Starcraft 2

The trigger debugger is enabled and let you see some interesting informations.

I hope it will help you get started with map editing :)

Attachments

• trigger_debugging.PNG
    trigger_debugging.PNG
    22.1 KB · Views: 309
  • helloworldmap.PNG
    helloworldmap.PNG
    846.3 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
Level 9
One thing is that some people gets a cheat start at SC II so when us other starts playing, we are completely noobs against those who have had the chance to play already, another is if YOU already get the chance to cheat-start at modding!

I'v begun to dislike Blizzard for putting out half-public betas! Fix it!

Level 9
Awesome!

Yeah, it's not a head start at all. The game plays just like Warcraft/Starcraft with some new features but there's no huge learning curve...
I don't see why it's that big of a deal :p

"you were born before me!! omgomgomg so gay you got a head start on life. i dislike my parents for not makin babies sooner!1"

Level 13
Eh, just noticed it uses LazyLauncher which is the SC2 crack... which definately shouldn't be posted here against rules. =/
And LazyLauncher uses Windows in order to run. Windows not only runs the evil LazyLauncher but also a whole slew of viruses, pirating applications, and such. Get to the root of the problem and ban Windows. Hell, Windows wouldn't be possible without computers. Computers should be outlawed!

Level 3
I know that lazylauncher is somewhat immoral. However this is the only way at the moment to load a custom map with the official version of the game.

In War3 we are using a lot of tools: a MPQ Editor, AutoRefresh, UMSWE. Sadly, we have to use these tools in order to create useful maps.

Note: lazylauncher does not modify any file, it justs modify some startup memory bits in order to launch the game with the map. There is no interaction with Blizzard at all.

Level 9
And LazyLauncher uses Windows in order to run. Windows not only runs the evil LazyLauncher but also a whole slew of viruses, pirating applications, and such. Get to the root of the problem and ban Windows. Hell, Windows wouldn't be possible without computers. Computers should be outlawed!

No.

I know that lazylauncher is somewhat immoral. However this is the only way at the moment to load a custom map with the official version of the game.

In War3 we are using a lot of tools: a MPQ Editor, AutoRefresh, UMSWE. Sadly, we have to use these tools in order to create useful maps.

Note: lazylauncher does not modify any file, it justs modify some startup memory bits in order to launch the game with the map. There is no interaction with Blizzard at all.

Yes I know, but the fact in the matter is that it's against the TOS. It's a crack. That's what it is. You can call it what you want, but it's a crack that's against the rules.

With the logic you're using, there should be no issue with advertising WoW private servers, and providing cracks to all sorts of games right?

Don't get me wrong I'm all for this, but it's against the rules. I'm not reporting it or anything just saying I wouldn't be surprised if this post got deleted. As a matter of fact, I'm using it right now.

does not modify any file, it justs modify some startup memory bits
Contradictory. It actually does mess with the file. I followed along closely with the development of LazyLauncher.

Status
Not open for further replies.