1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Custom Map Loader

Discussion in 'StarCraft I & II' started by vjeux, Mar 8, 2010.

1. vjeux

vjeux

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello,

For those who are in the Beta and want to test out the Galaxy Scripting language, I've made a Hello World map that let you do it.

It's rather painful to do it manually as you have to use a 3rd party loader and edit MPQ files. Therefore I've made a simple batch file that does it for you.

How to use it:
    • Download and Extract the SC2HelloWorldMap.rar
    • Edit the MapScript.galaxy file
    • Run the launch.bat
    • Enjoy the map with Starcraft 2

The trigger debugger is enabled and let you see some interesting informations.

I hope it will help you get started with map editing :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  2. JakeCake

JakeCake

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    One thing is that some people gets a cheat start at SC II so when us other starts playing, we are completely noobs against those who have had the chance to play already, another is if YOU already get the chance to cheat-start at modding!

I'v begun to dislike Blizzard for putting out half-public betas! Fix it!

3. vjeux

vjeux

Resources:
    Resources:
    The map making is really limited at the moment. There is no map editor yet, the only functions present are those strictly needed for AI stuff.

You can get a glance at what is available in the function list : http://kb.sc2mapster.com/sc2-api/functions/list/

Not really a big head start :)

4. overload119

overload119

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  5. ElectricSaiyan

ElectricSaiyan

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Awesome!

Yeah, it's not a head start at all. The game plays just like Warcraft/Starcraft with some new features but there's no huge learning curve...
    I don't see why it's that big of a deal :p

"you were born before me!! omgomgomg so gay you got a head start on life. i dislike my parents for not makin babies sooner!1"

6. overload119

overload119

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Eh, just noticed it uses LazyLauncher which is the SC2 crack... which definately shouldn't be posted here against rules. =/

7. Dark.Revenant

Dark.Revenant

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And LazyLauncher uses Windows in order to run. Windows not only runs the evil LazyLauncher but also a whole slew of viruses, pirating applications, and such. Get to the root of the problem and ban Windows. Hell, Windows wouldn't be possible without computers. Computers should be outlawed!

8. vjeux

vjeux

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know that lazylauncher is somewhat immoral. However this is the only way at the moment to load a custom map with the official version of the game.

In War3 we are using a lot of tools: a MPQ Editor, AutoRefresh, UMSWE. Sadly, we have to use these tools in order to create useful maps.

Note: lazylauncher does not modify any file, it justs modify some startup memory bits in order to launch the game with the map. There is no interaction with Blizzard at all.

9. overload119

overload119

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No.

Yes I know, but the fact in the matter is that it's against the TOS. It's a crack. That's what it is. You can call it what you want, but it's a crack that's against the rules.

With the logic you're using, there should be no issue with advertising WoW private servers, and providing cracks to all sorts of games right?

Don't get me wrong I'm all for this, but it's against the rules. I'm not reporting it or anything just saying I wouldn't be surprised if this post got deleted. As a matter of fact, I'm using it right now.

Contradictory. It actually does mess with the file. I followed along closely with the development of LazyLauncher.