• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Demon Hunt 0.96u

Note: As far as I know, I have fixed the Macintosh Issues with the official version of Demon Hunt 0.96p, as posted on this webpage. Although it's unlikely, contact me if you find additional game crashing errors while playing on your Macintosh Computer.

[rainbow]THE ULTIMATE IN WARCRAFT 3 TAG MAPS IS HERE![/rainbow]
SCREENSHOTTDHTLOADINGSCREEN.jpg

It features many different kinds of Demon Hunters and Demons.
Items for Demon Hunters are featured, and Demons can build outposts.
3 modes, TIME LIMIT 45 MINUTES, TIME LIMIT RANDOM FROM 30-60 MINUTES, AND NO TIME LIMIT MODE.

[rainbow]Now with a great Camera Functionality. Turn the map around according to your desire with chat commands.[/rainbow]

CREDITS ARE FOUND IN THE TRIGGER EDITOR.
THIS IS AN OPEN SOURCE MAP. MODIFYING THE MAP IS FORBIDDEN, YET YOU CAN AT EXPORT EVERYTHING WITH NO LIMIT. JUST GIVE CREDIT WHERE IT IS DUE.

Latest Update: Fixed a bug with items disappearing from the game entirely.

Keywords:
tag, sheep, hide, seek, run, chase, hunt, demon, DH, hunter, chaser, tournament
Contents

The Demon Hunt 0.96u (Map)

Reviews
14:16, 23rd Aug 2008 Septimus: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/791379-post5.html

M

14:16, 23rd Aug 2008
Septimus:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/791379-post5.html

Level 31
Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus.
If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
Map Review
1) Terrain - Bad (2)
2) Trigger - Bad (2)
3) Minor Error - Bad (2)
4) Major Error -
5) Replay Value - Average (3)
6) Fun factor/gameplay - Average (3)
7) Use of imported material - Good (4)
8) Single player -
9) AI support -
10) Camera -
11) Originality - Good (4)
12) File Size - Bad (2)
13) Internet/Lag Friendly -
14) Balancing -
15) Packaging - Average (3)
16) Credits - Excellent (5)
17) Storyline - Bad (2)
18) Theme -
19) Protection - Excellent (5)
20) Quality - Average (3)
21) Description/Information/Detail - Good (4)
22) Hiveworkshop rules & regulation - Good (4)
23) Game Mode - Average (3)
24) Difficulty -
25) Unit Placement - Bad (2)

Total Accumulation Point : 51/85 * 100 + (-3) (Review) = 57

[+] -
[!] - Use black colour for hotkey is not a good idea.
[-] - Some minor leak found at trigger.
[-] - Some trigger could be much simple.
[-] - Some gold mine are being place too close to ramp.
[-] - Some destructible/doodad should not exist at the environment.

Review : First of all, the terrain isn't that impressive as there is a few destructible/doodad that should have never exist at such a environment.

Second, some trigger have minor leak while some could be develop in much simple way.

Third, it is a bad idea to place something close to the ramp. It make it difficulty for unit to by pass it.

I did not fully test this map, but I think it could be approve.

Another -3 points for this map.

Rating & Miscellaneous information
Score - 57/100
Rating - 3/5
Condition - Average
Status - Approve
Review - 1
Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else.
Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.

Level 13
oh, thankyou for checking out the map.

edit:
you know what? i think i have all the memory leak fixed now.
i'll update with a new version of the map with no leak (hopefully) as soon as it is ready.

edit:
Updated with memory leak fixing and ending cinematics!

edit again: wow i've really learned so much about map making since i started on this map, Alexis will be so proud of me when I release 1.0!

Last edited:
Level 13
ok the map should be ready for play testing now...
i still need to add a few more runners and make a few other unthought of as of yet improvements and take care of any unforeseen imbalance issues, and after all that we'll finally be at version 1.0 right now this is 0.931

and since my above post mentioned that i fixed the memory leak, that means this map shouldn't crash your game. i've only had time by now to test it once as hunters and once as demons and i must say i think you'll find it fun.

edit: ok released 0.932 now.

edit again: ok we got me filling some popular demands, most notably changing the runners like adding runners that are like those from tree tag and vampirism...let me know if you guys have anything else you want changed.

Last edited:
Level 3
Just a basic Tag map. You know what this is if you have ever played "Golem Tag", "Kodo Tag" or maps like that.

Quite boring after a short period of time and the starting is really weird: Why do I have to destroy one of the shops? Why don't I simply spawn at the area where I can start without weird walls?

There are better tag maps out there with more balanced skills and better gameplay.

Level 13
edit: with newest versions 0.95 you'll notice the start with the shops is a little bit different, the chasers start near the portal and can walk through the portal or break through the trees. this is an interesting twist because now if the runners want to rescue they will have to teleport in if the hunters don't go through the portal or they will have to break down the barrier. breaking down the barrier can happen immediately if you have 6 runners cast damage building on one shop...so even at the beginning of the game before the hunters come out they can destroy the barrier if they want, but at the cost of precious head start seconds. an interesting side point to this is that if you have a demon slayer you can teleport to the wall shops and not have to break out, thus hunting a bit faster, or if you have a pandaren demon hunter you can also burn through the trees much faster than by attacking them and thus start the hunt faster. /edit

about the start with the shops...that is how the original tag map that i played from starcraft was. it was archon tag, and the archons had to destroy the machine shops to get out and get at the probes. it gives the runners a bit of a head start. archon tag was by far the best starcraft tag map, so, to make the best warcraft tag map, that was my goal, so i copied this aspect of starting procedure from archon tag.

about it being boring...did you play with a few ammount of people?

yes, 1v3 is a little boring and any less you shouldn't even attempt.
2v6 is a bit more interesting enough to be called fun i think and 3v9 is very fun.

also the skills should be very balanced, each of the chasers have their own special skills...one can run fast and disappear, another is just invisible, some set traps and others can sniff out runners another can replace trees with warriors and crush town halls with ease, another can mana burn, another sleep, etc...there is a bit of variety, and the ultimates have two levels and the other two skills 4 levels. so since you have to level up your skill, it's not so great at first, so you have to earn kills on the runners. of course the runners are fully rescuable, and they have many tricks to be able to do this.

i think most people who would complain about it being unbalanced are confused with what type of tag map it is.

in a game like vampirism, which is extremely popular, the type of tag map it would be best to be called is an assimilation tag map.

in an assimilation tag map the runners only get one life, then they turn into a chaser.

it is an interesting twist to the tag function.

my tag map isn't like that, so it's not so important that the runners have extremely evasive and unrealistic skills like warden blink level 3 as a neutral hostile type skill.
since the runners can be rescued, it's not so necessary for them to be able to teleport.

now i know people still like to teleport, so i included that in the map, of course.

if you will take the time to notice there are about 20 different runner types or so. there is a great variety in what they can all do. i didn't want to make some clone of another tag map, but make something original.

look at their various skills, a quick windwalk, a blink skill, a mirror image skill, a transmute skill, an inner fire skill, an unholy frenzy skill, a summon workers skill, a phase shift skill, even an evasion skill, all of these skills are edited appropriately to fit in with the tag style of game. phase shift doesn't last 5 minutes but it isn't as short as the melee version either. it lasts something around more like 10 seconds. same thing with windwalk, it isn't some level 3 wind walk that blademaster has, just as my blink isn't some level 3 blink that warden has. the map balances out because of the rescue system.

so please remember it does have alot of skills that you can use, you just have to have more variety in picking your runners and chasers. of course if everyone picks runner a and chaser a it's going to be a little boring, that's why there's about 10 chasers and about 20 runners to choose from.

one more thing i might as well add is that the runners can repick their runner in case they feel they couldn't survive well enough with their last choice.

in other words, when they get captured and after that when they get rescued, they don't have to use the runner they picked at the start of the game. which really adds to the variety.

at any rate, with a good runner or chaser the game becomes very fast paced since the runners can get so many resources so fast if left unchecked/unchased and the chasers if they're fed too much can really end the game quickly likewise by fine use of items they will earn through kills. anyway don't confuse someone being better or worse than you with the map being unbalanced, that is a common mistake.

Last edited:
Level 13
changes

so i added some new chaser abilities, i took out sniff the wind for chaser j and kept that for chaser h and took out chaser h chaser image and gave her sneak attack and gave chaser j auto flame strike.

ok, newest changes in 0.935...
i finally fixed the Chaser J Auto Flame Strike, heh heh i am using 24 triggers for just one ability! also, i added a new ultimate for Chaser E, and changed his avatar ability to a regular ability, like level 1 is spell immunity, level 2 is adding on bonus dmg, level 3 is adding on hp, and level 4 is adding on extra hp and extra dmg.
i really like his new ultimate, let me know what you think.
also i added a few new items, and rebalanced the items. the item bonus guys are still good chasers but they were extremely overpowered before with finding bonus omnicience potions and speed potions. now you have to buy those items.

Last edited:
Level 13
Last edited:
Level 13
I really liked the fact that there was multiple chasers/runner to choose from.
5/5

thanks for the commendation.
version 0.94f here, and i want to take this moment to say that i plan on definitely getting this map crashing free by the time it hits version 0.95.
if i have to, i'll do 0.94g-z, and then 0.941a-z, and up to 0.949z until i hit 0.95...haha...but hopefully if some expert map makers give me some more help i'll get there faster.

update: wow custom script doesn't remove leaks fully? i copied the actions from the kodo tag extreme 4.1 that Panik submitting that removed leaks properly.

game seems to not crash anymore. 0.94h

edit: ok so i found out the map stopped crashing because i broke autoflamestrike, when i tried to bring it back the game crashed some more...
so i finally fixed flame strike with the help of someone else who is obviously better at making spells than me...Spiwn

and so now...here is version 0.94n.
newest interesting change is you can now pick a random runner or a random chaser.
other minor changes include things like adding more random tips for the ESC button tips.

ok you know what? somehow spiwn's autoflame strike wasn't working either. so i scrapped it for awhile and now autoflamestrike is dead. but pandaren flames lives on in version 0.94w!

Last edited:
Level 13
yes, of course that's true...Dragoon_Jett, no doubt about it. it's definitely not a clone of another tag map... i was just referencing the archon tag break out function to explain the reasoning behind the start of the game in my map...just because Templarion was confused because he never played that sc map before this one. at any rate the machine shops are now selling items in wc3, so it is a newer method.

since i feel like i wanna just get it out there and over with, here was my thoughts on the various tag maps...just to let you know that i really put a lot of thought into making this map while i was going through the beginning stages and even now all my changes reflect my original goals when making the map:

fyi, although archon tag did have limitations, the machine shops were put in on purpose to make the archon tag more interesting. do you spent time trying to break down the wall so you can rescue faster? or do you just rescue and get out of town? same principle applies in my map and it's something put there on purpose. of course there are many things about the map that show that it uses newer methods.

indeed, similiar to archon tag, workers can run away and build towns, building mining operations, and eventually some strange tech tree to make some units. multiple races are used, but not all units are used. mining operation theory is expanded on in wc3 to make mining happen at a fast rate, for a fast paced game. further, even warrior/worker combinations are possible with allowing basically unlimited types of workers. to make things even more interesting, there are over 20 different runner types, and 10 different chaser types.

as you can see the map takes various good features of other maps and uses them to be a solid tag map.

Archon Tag: great start, great concept of building a base altered melee style in order to fend off chasers is also present in Demon Hunt. can eventually build towers in addition to the walls in order to kill off the chasers.

Island Defense: great variety with runners and chasers and thus great replay value, this map also featured a story along with it, and it had some quirky and original ideas for tag maps. Demon Hunt also continues the tradition of making a tag map more original, and not some silly clone of another map.

Vampirism: runners can build attacking units(although archon tag had this, this was the first wc3 tag map to feature this), also teleportation for all units is possible through way gates in vamps and TDHT

Tree Tag: Chasers can buy items to assist in hunting, they also have hunting skills, hiding as a main feature in tree tag shows up as a not so primary goal but still very important aspect of Demon Hunt

History of not so great tag games:

Sheep Tag (original kind) was first wc3 game and was simply not very good quality...good programming for sure but bad concept...calling raiders shepherds was completely wrong. shepherds are nice to sheep and save them, not slay them. shepherd should have been like medivh or maybe furion, some guy with a staff. even jaina would've been a decent shepherd model. plus the gameplay style was very very boring...build farms. build farms. do anything else? no, just build more farms.

this kind of map is not what my map is like
next:

Kodo Tag:
this map was probably meant to be kindof like archon tag, i can imagine, as it used ai. pretty smart ai too i think. anyway the map is actually a bit too hard for any kind of newb and it's honestly not really as fun as it could be. a good try but ultimately a failure. good inspiration though and i believe it was open source...not sure about the sheep tag game...which probably helped other maps really come along. so i gotta say it's probably a good contribution to the wc3 community, but other than that it's nothing spectacular and if you're a casual player you're not missing much to pass up playing it.

Sheep tag i think was the first wc3 map though at any rate so it has the most different kind of versions, especially since it was such an easy to design map...so it also gets a bit of a credit for being a bit of a pioneer map.

about tree tag it became very popular which was interesting because it was a pretty well screwed up map in some ways, theoretically balanced, but in practice it wasn't, it included some really cool features that of all custom maps, few had, including cinematics and a story background. furthermore the map just made sense, and had a touch of reality. i think that part of the map making made people feel at home, like the map had so many errors in spelling and whatever else but it was kinda fun to play anyway, i think from a map maker's perspective it was just really inspiring for a lot of them and so it helped them to come up with these other maps....such as...

Vampirism, Island Defense...even other not so well known maps such as if i remember their names right...island of frogs... farmers and hunters, and so on.

at any rate Vampirism was huge for having a variety of game versions, also it was quite well sponsored, which is very interesting. furthermore, it features the assimilation style tag...which is new to the genre of rts/rps tag mini-games. i'm not sure which came first, island def or vamps, but i think island def did. at any rate, assimilation tag is interesting...but ultimately, although island def did have that pro going for it of the variety of the runners/chasers, which is a pretty big pro indeed, a major bad point in the island def maps....is the imbalance. this map was was more imbalanced than all the other tags, no joke, even the first ones, just because it did a bad job of properly applying the assimilation into the balance equation. that said, it's interesting to note that island def's fault was actually part of what helped make it so popular. it was so easy to win on that map. the catch is, you had to be a builder/runner. which brings us back to vampirism, where, although it didn't feature the smart variety in runners/chasers that island def did, they at least made an effort to balance out the assimilation aspect of the tag game. and that really helped make the map even more popular than island def, by leaps and bounds.

so....my long essay almost over...the conclusion is, that i've taken to heart the lessons behind the production of all these diffrent tag maps...and i've learned from them. and now i've made a complete new theme on the tag mini-game based around the demon hunter, which is one of the main characters in the warcraft game.

anyway this newest version supports camera view changing, which should be cool, although you still have to explore that area that the camera sends you to or it's kinda pointless...of course it alters your angle but you can always go back to the original angle.

Level 13
ok released 0.95a...but there is a problem. i didn't notice it but i messed up one trigger which caused 2 or more bugs. I'm going to have to work on recoding my triggers some more. I really like this new method of coding my triggers so i'm excited to be working on this...be patient with me a while longer and I'll have 0.95b released soon. you can check out this version, but the bugs although minor, are technically critical to the gameplay.
thankyou for your patience.

edit: ok i've re-released 0.95a, so if you downloaded the map before this date then you better redownload it and not host the old 0.95a. the editing footprints will take longer than i thought it would for the next version so that's why i am re-releasing this one.

Last edited:
Level 13
well then get the new world editor or pm me and i'll send you a custom text only version of the current map so you can open it even with the old world editor.

new version just released!

let me know what you guys think of the new footprints...i'm planning on making more changes to those so it's a work in progress.

i also hopefully have a prettier loading screen now and I've made a few other minor changes/additions.

i also have a cool new idea for a new runner so let's see if we can't get a bunch of you guys to vote on which runner(s) you DON'T like, so i can replace it with my new runner.

Level 13
0.95d released, updated items/shops.

through balance testing it was determined that more items needed to be purchasable, mostly the healing potions, so two shops are only different in that one sells mana potions and the other sells healing potions.

edit: 0.95e will be released within a week!

look forward to rebalanced hunt time limit options as well as improvisation on the new runners h and y, a new DK skin for Chaser B, and more!

Last edited:
Level 13
ok version e delivered all those except for the time limit was stuck on standard 30 instead of 45, oops...anyway here is version 0.95f which fixes that and changes the sounds a bit, also changes some of the notifications, including fixing the visibility of the runner stun traps ability...before it was plenty visible before i had changed the terrain to what it is now. so i modified the ability's signal to not blend in with the new terrain.

edit: ok i made a small booboo that created a very big problem...it should be fixed now...but if not it should be fixed by the end of the day and i'll update the map with the fixed version of 0.95f

Last edited:
Level 13
i though i would test but couldnt open in we so.. im way to lazy to test a tag if i need to go into wc3 that way

well i'm now using improved coding techniques and you can now open the map up in blizzard's world editor since a few versions ago.

and now lately i've added my own library to the map. yes, my jass skills are improving! maybe one of these days i'll have some structs in the map.

Level 13
Another review?

the map isn't at 1.0 yet...but i feel like it needs another review. the map when i first submitted it was such a mess compared to where it is now. there are still some improvements to be made before i get it to 1.0, but most of that will come through intensive testing...such at this low popularity point of this map will never happen.

so i'm in need of a new review, to hopefully make the map more popular.
the map is quite playable but really needs a larger fanbase to stay alive. i've been working on another map lately and also doing real life stuff and anticipating sc2 editor coming out...but i still want to work on this map but it's rather pointless if the fanbase does not grow.

i wanted to get it to 1.0 because i hear you can normally only get two reviews for a map, unless you petition for another. well, i definitely plan on getting it to 1.0 eventually and then petitioning for another. right now i ask you mods to make a second review.

the map is just not popular enough where it stands with the current review. basically i need a lot more testers for the map but they're hard to find for if there's an island defense map being hosted all the tag game players join that...i need to be able to compete with that...

as it stands i feel this map is better than island defense and vampirism, and better than kodo tag and MOST forms of sheep tag. there's one very simple and fun version of sheep tag i feel is quite good and worthy of being a tag map, and i like to think mine is as well, but all those other tags aren't good at all is my feeling so i really hope this map will get popular because i think it deserves some recognition. tree tag was worthy of being known as an amateur attempt at a tag map, and i like to think that over the past year or two of me developing this map that i have advanced my map beyond an amateur's attempt of a tag map. i hope everyone else feels the same.

lulz I have seen double and triple post but this is omg 5! Dude use EDIT button sometimes!

Btw I wanted to say:
Map Description need screenshots!
If your terrain looks good -> Make terrain pictures
If you created some awesome spells -> Show us how it's look like!
Post pictures of heroes, units, monsters/creeps anything that your map makes cool/unique/good/bad -.-

Level 13
THANKS so much to original review and approval of map. it was part of what i needed to improve the map. now, though...I...

would like a second review of map, when you get the time...i feel it has made many good changes since last reviewed. let's quote it

Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus.
If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
Map Review
1) Terrain - Bad (2)
2) Trigger - Bad (2)
3) Minor Error - Bad (2)
4) Major Error -
8) Single player -
9) AI support -
10) Camera -
12) File Size - Bad (2)
14) Balancing -
17) Storyline - Bad (2)
18) Theme -
24) Difficulty -

Total Accumulation Point : 51/85 * 100 + (-3) (Review) = 57

[+] -

Review : First of all, the terrain isn't that impressive as there is a few destructible/doodad that should have never exist at such a environment.

Second, some trigger have minor leak while some could be develop in much simple way.

Third, it is a bad idea to place something close to the ramp. It make it difficulty for unit to by pass it.

I did not fully test this map, but I think it could be approve.

Another -3 points for this map.

Rating & Miscellaneous information
Score - 57/100
Rating - 3/5
Condition - Average
Status - Approve
Review - 1
Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else.
Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.

1) Terrain - Bad (2)
Terrain...I've added lots more to the terrain, I'm sure it can get a 4 or higher now.
2) Trigger - Bad (2)
should probably get a 5 here now.
3) Minor Error - Bad (2)
There should no longer be minor errors, so a 5 here now. (not sure why it wasn't 4 before)
4) Major Error -
This was not rated before, but I would say it should've been 1 or 0, now it should be 5
I have added a ton of additional features since this was made so it should at least get a 4 here, if not a 5.
Balance improvements have been made, and varieties of runner/chaser choices have been expanded upon since, so it should get 5 here.
about the same as before, I guess, just everything is different now?
8) Single player -
no support for such.
9) AI support -
no support for such.
10) Camera -
added alternate camera views...maybe should get 1 or 2 here now instead of 0...possibly a 3? but i don't think so...
i think this should be about the same, but should've started at 5, imo...
12) File Size - Bad (2)
file size has been somewhat improved, so i guess should be a 3 now...
this was apparently not tested, but it should've been idk what...lol now should easily be a 4, if not 5.
14) Balancing -
a 3 or 4, probably a 4. i hope to increase it to 5 soon, though.
not sure that this has changed much or not...i've constantly edited it
the same
17) Storyline - Bad (2)
lol...i'm not sure, but i think i might've changed the storyline somewhat...oh what i did was put some extra stuff into the map to give the story better oomph, like lich king is the maker of the tdht so he's a doodad in the map at one point. also, the 'terrain problems' that he saw are actually storyline elements... it should probably get a 3 with the advancement of new stuff on the terrain since then. not sure why it wasn't a 1 before though...lol.
18) Theme -
i think the theme is great. 5 for sure. 4 if dont like it.
yeah...it's same.
the game actually crashed reliably before...now it reliably plays without crashes, so before should've been a 0 imo...now should be a 4 or 5, more likely a 5.
hopefully i've improved this a lot, but i guess it could use more work...
looking good here...
that's probably fair
24) Difficulty -
hmm...this isn't single player so maybe this is an inappropriate rating. should rate in balancing instead.
already mentioned it, but the unit placement has been improved and even more extreme than before, which fits the story and gameplay just fine, believe it or not. before, it should've been 3 or higher, now ought to be same i would think...if not, 4 or higher.

[+] -

so...i got rid of the black colour hotkey...yeah it's much better now.
minor leak...lol! it was unplayable. it has now though, been eradicated.
YES! triggers have been simplified sooo much! it's much better!!
gold mines at ramp...that's intended and makes sense if you look more closely at the gameplay and story line...
doodads at the environment...yes once again, it is intended and fits with the map's theme. in fact, to emphasize this in newer version i added territorial rainfall and snowfall.

Level 4
It's a shame theres only 2 comment pages for this map, because this shows the lack of interest. This map is a lot of fun and although it may be kinda chaotic at first, it has a high replay value.

It is amazing how you keep updating your map while the lack of interest would discourage a lot of people.

Keep up the good work! :ogre_haosis:

Level 13
Can you tell us what's new in this version, and also, please improve that description.

read through the trigger editor and the quests section for the most in-depth information about what's new in the newest version.

also, what do you recommend i do for improving the description?
Well as far as I know, 2 year old maps don't have to improve description if they're approved already...

Vardix might be saying this to get the map to look more attractive to prospective downloaders and players.

bureaulamp, thankyou for the kind words, and by the way...you've extended the comments to a third page!

Update! I apologize but if you downloaded the map this month, the 96h version it was bugged...i forgot to change something. Updated today 10/28/10 ( i forgot to put "computer" player back to "user" player.)

-----------------------------------------------------
~2 posts merged
Don't double post, from now on, use edit button instead!

You can delete this message from your post as soon as you read it!
-Kobas-

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
Nice, an update to one of my favorite maps. :) Sorry about not responding about the description comment, I forgot about it until today since the map wasn't updated in a long time. If you want, I can make an improved description for you. I can use the information you have right now, and any extra information you can give me, like on different demon hunters, demons, different features in your map etc. etc.

Or maybe I can just do some extensive testing with your map, then come up with a description.

Last edited:
Level 1
Improve your description!You typed alot to replies , why not type for description instead? I only know its a tag and u have demon and demon hunter.

Level 13
Improve your description!You typed alot to replies , why not type for description instead? I only know its a tag and u have demon and demon hunter.

how many lines does it take to say, "Items for Demon Hunters are featured, and Demons can build outposts." where you come from?

do you want lists?

edit:eek:k i'm adding lists. got two now, will add more later.

Last edited:
Level 13
another update, 0.96m is out.
i finally got the pig farm bugs worked out. i added some transmission sounds for the end game. i'll be working on making an introduction and possibly a nicer ending as well as changes to some of the runners in future versions, and maybe some new chaser items.

i might make some chance to drop items for runners which can carry inventory for when they kill critters. looking for feedback on this.

Level 13
i just want to let you all know that the next version will be macintosh compatible as far as i know which should solve the problem of the mysterious "leavers" that seem to leave the game as soon as the game starts.

i exported all the imported icons and refined them to have a mipmap of 7 as was instructed and i've received report from macintosh tester that the test map does not crash anymore but the old map would crash as soon as they would click on their summoning building.

Level 13
ok well i had to update the map to fix a bug but i'll update soon again.

two things i'd like you ask you guys:

do you like the new item models i added? this makes it easier for runners to see what the chasers are buying.
how about that new murloc skin? it is a demon hunter. any suggestions if i put him in the map? i have a hard time thinking of spell ideas for him that would be fair and balanced and fun.