• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Dark Inferno

Is Anyone interested in a W3 Custom campaign about the Burning Legion, using custom tech and story?

• Yes

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone who have stumbled on my forum post!

My name is SonOfShadowbrand and I am interested in creating Warcraft 3 custom campaigns, and after watching a YouTube video by Jayborinoplays I have been inspired to create a W3 custom campaign about the Burning Legion, starting directly after the Frozen Throne. I will be starting on it this week, any suggestions in the comments are welcome.

The campaign will entail custom units, buildings, upgrades and more, much in the same style as TomoRaider's famous campaigns.

All characters who appear in other Blizzard works are their property, and I lay no claim to them.

Direct Email for questions and chat- [email protected]

Last edited:
Level 2
There is potential to be had here.
However, I do hope that you can offer more than a custom tech tree.

I would take a look at campaigns such as "The Last Guardian" and "Day of the Dragon"
I do recall that most campaigns which med.mapguy is involved in got some creative touches as well.
Thanks for the comment, I have seen Day Of The Dragon and played through the first and second missions a while ago, but I haven't seen The Last Guardian, but I'll be sure to check it out as soon as I get a chance.

I really want to make a good quality campaign, and I hope it doesn't disappoint when it's finally done.

Level 2
Sticking to canon, entirely original, or a mix of both?
I will be attempting a new original storyline, but borrowing some events that happened in WoW, for example the battle for Undercity, but changed so to have a different impact on the world. The campaign will largely be a what-if the Legion had a more active role in everything rather than just manipulating like Kiljaedan(spelling :-\) is fond of.

Level 2

An Ability test video of one of the main Heroes of the campaign, Alucard the Elite Nathrezim.

Q- Impale: A modified version of the Crypt Lord's impale ability, having more damage and a longer stun, at the cost of longer cooldown and shorter range.

W- Unholy Aura: An exact copy of the Death Knight ability.

E- Dark Strike (Open to name suggestions): A modifed flame strike, dealing less upfront damage and and burn damage, but overall dealing more damage over a longer time. Mana cost also up.

R- Dark Inferno: Summons a powerful Infernal unit, with more hp and damage, but only lasts 90 seconds with a 200 second cooldown. The meteor landing also deals 200 damage and stuns.

Status
Not open for further replies.