• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Dark Colosseum 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
217483-albums5612-picture58477.png

The Dark Colosseum 3

Ok. Since I was done with "The Dark Colosseum 2" and needed a lot of improvements I decided to remake it insted of updating it. Because if I apply the changes the whole game will change. This time I would want to hear what everyone wants for the new version. So I don't have to remake everything after I have started. This is my plan for now. Any suggestion is welcomed.

My plan

• [*]A real colosseum terrain. (30% done)
    [*]Skill buy system. (0% done.)
    [*]Cinematic at the start and end. (0% done.)
    [*]More items. (0% done.)
    [*]Epic bossfight. (0% done.)
    [*]Custom combat system. (0% done.)
    [*]Triggered spells. (0% done.)

Work in progress

208541-albums5581-picture58163.jpg

217483-albums5612-picture58479.png

Story Idea

The players village will be attacked by the Roman army and the players are the prisoners. Players will be sent to the arena and after many fights the people in the arena will shout "Let them go!!! They've fought enough!!!" But the emperor doesn't want to let them go. So he will fight the players and the players are going to kick his a**. And the players were free.

Supporter Signature

Well... If you liked the 2nd version.

208541-albums5581-picture58209.jpg

[url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/dark-colosseum-3-a-216220/#post2150855][IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/208541-albums5581-picture58209.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Last edited:
Level 28
Agree with DJ, you should improve your current map instead of making a sequel, if you gonna say that the other and stable and don't want to remake it then stick on it and just keep updating.

I know what you gonna do on this one, you'll remake the terrain etc etc. But you can do that on the current version, no need for another map.

We're not even sure if the other one will be approve or something.

Level 14
Agree with DJ, you should improve your current map instead of making a sequel, if you gonna say that the other and stable and don't want to remake it then stick on it and just keep updating.

I know what you gonna do on this one, you'll remake the terrain etc etc. But you can do that on the current version, no need for another map.

We're not even sure if the other one will be approve or something.

I'll remake everything. See this.

Ok. Since I was done with "The Dark Colosseum 2" and needed a lot of improvements I decided to remake it insted of updating it. Because if I apply the changes the whole game will change. This time I would want to hear what everyone wants for the new version. So I don't have to remake everything after I have started. This is my plan for now. Any suggestion is welcomed.

My plan
A real colosseum terrain.
Skill buy system.
Cinematic at the start and end.
More items.
Epic bossfight.
Custom combat system.
Triggered spells.

Level 4
What's wrong with the Internet explorer?
Web Browser Topic:
Internet Explorer sucks bro. Its the most hated web browser. I prefer Google Chrome. Its very good It wont lag at all. Believe me bro. Try it.
Google Chrome
You could also use Mozilla Firefox but its still a bit lagy.
Mozilla Firefox
Choose that fit for your system but I recommend Google Chrome. Because its fast on loading pages, good for playing flash games, etc.
Your Map Topic:
Your terrain looks good Brother Shinji. Keep it up. Use Columns, Touches, and Statues to make them more epic. And also use a 150X150 map and make the Colosseum more bigger for more action. Use Humans for the audience and for the boss use Arthas wielding Frostmorne or you could use custom models that looks like Human. For the Gladiators lair make it like a stable with horses and animals. Make the Gladiators lair an arc like the part of the Colosseum.
Make the Gladiators more like a Gladiator.
Example:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...cord-49833/?prev=search=gladiator&d=list&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...cord-49832/?prev=search=gladiator&d=list&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/ogregladiator-47954/?prev=search=gladiator&d=list&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/warrior-48327/?prev=search=gladiator&d=list&r=20
Use also custom Icons if you want to use Blizzard Spells.
Make the Skill more of a Gladiator. Change their SFX also to make it cool. Download SFX in the models section.

If you need help just Private Message us your friends. We are always available if a friend is in need. :wink:

Last edited:
Level 14
Web Browser Topic:
Internet Explorer sucks bro. Its the most hated web browser. I prefer Google Chrome. Its very good It wont lag at all. Believe me bro. Try it.
Google Chrome
You could also use Mozilla Firefox but its still a bit lagy.
Mozilla Firefox
Choose that fit for your system but I recommend Google Chrome. Because its fast on loading pages, good for playing flash games, etc.
Your Map Topic:
Your terrain looks good Brother Shinji. Keep it up. Use Columns, Touches, and Statues to make them more epic. And also use a 150X150 map and make the Colosseum more bigger for more action. Use Humans for the audience and for the boss use Arthas wielding Frostmorne or you could use custom models that looks like Human. For the Gladiators lair make it like a stable with horses and animals. Make the Gladiators lair an arc like the part of the Colosseum.
Make the Gladiators more like a Gladiator.
Example:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...cord-49833/?prev=search=gladiator&d=list&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...cord-49832/?prev=search=gladiator&d=list&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/ogregladiator-47954/?prev=search=gladiator&d=list&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/warrior-48327/?prev=search=gladiator&d=list&r=20
Use also custom Icons if you want to use Blizzard Spells.
Make the Skill more of a Gladiator. Change their SFX also to make it cool. Download SFX in the models section.

If you need help just Private Message us your friends. We are always available if a friend is in need. :wink:

I want to keep the file size under 500 kb. That way I can get a full house easy. I'll just improve the terrain before the gameplay things.

Level 4
I want to keep the file size under 500 kb. That way I can get a full house easy. I'll just improve the terrain before the gameplay things.
Make the Boss as the Roman Emperor.
The Roman Emperor is the boss.
Use Nero bro. You could use someone else Roman Emperor name.
All up to you man. Good Luck. :wink:

Level 14
Make the Boss as the Roman Emperor.
The Roman Emperor is the boss.
Use Nero bro. You could use someone else Roman Emperor name.
All up to you man. Good Luck. :wink:

So we're going to change the colosseum to Rome... Like I said before, I want to keep my map's file size as small as possible. Atrhas will do good here.

Level 19
Well where did all the ideas of the coliseum originate?
Rome. So what you are making now is somewhat like a roman coliseum.

Plus, 10 MB is not much these days, hell even 50 MB. It takes a few minutes, around 10 ~ 30. Obviously, you won make your map reach 10 MB. It wont have slow loading times, look at Gaia's, nearly 8 MB, but one of the most played RPG's. Players are patient to wait for a map to load if its good. Good maps have big space, meaning they placed effort on importing objects in it.

Level 14
Well where did all the ideas of the coliseum originate?
Rome. So what you are making now is somewhat like a roman coliseum.

Plus, 10 MB is not much these days, hell even 50 MB. It takes a few minutes, around 10 ~ 30. Obviously, you won make your map reach 10 MB. It wont have slow loading times, look at Gaia's, nearly 8 MB, but one of the most played RPG's. Players are patient to wait for a map to load if its good. Good maps have big space, meaning they placed effort on importing objects in it.

I see your point. But really.... To get a full house quickly I have to keep it small and in the same time, FUN. That's why I'm asking you guys for suggestions that WILL NOT take too much file size.

Level 19
Do you think hive only allows the downloading of your map at our country?
Obviously not.

How are you so sure I have a bad connection? Sonofjay (sorry if I made you in this cinversation) has a bad connection or some other Filipino here has bad connection?
We obviously dont have the same laptop models and wifi models.
Dont downgrade our race, its as if you are downgrading yourself.
Of all people, those are what I hate, ones who blame their race for their faults/problems.

If you want only our countrymen to play it, post it at a forums ONLY for our countrymen, not an international one.

Honestly, if you dont keep your act up, this map is bound to fail.
I dont mean this at any rude way, but think of it as constructive criticism.

Level 4
Do you think hive only allows the downloading of your map at our country?
Obviously not.

How are you so sure I have a bad connection? Sonofjay (sorry if I made you in this cinversation) has a bad connection or some other Filipino here has bad connection?
We obviously dont have the same laptop models and wifi models.
Dont downgrade our race, its as if you are downgrading yourself.
Of all people, those are what I hate, ones who blame their race for their faults/problems.

If you want only our countrymen to play it, post it at a forums ONLY for our countrymen, not an international one.

Honestly, if you dont keep your act up, this map is bound to fail.
I dont mean this at any rude way, but think of it as constructive criticism.

Brother Jackal don't say that you Hurt Shinji's feeling. Well yes you are right but say it in a pleasant manner. Well I do 7mb is not enough for me. When I imported all the models that I need it reached 68.12 MB. Well if there is a way that I can store all of those models in a another MPQ files to make it lower than 8 well ill do it but so far its not.
Bro if i hurt you forgive me.

Level 19
Brother Jackal don't say that you Hurt Shinji's feeling. Well yes you are right but say it in a pleasant manner. Well I do 7mb is not enough for me. When I imported all the models that I need it reached 68.12 MB. Well if there is a way that I can store all of those models in a another MPQ files to make it lower than 8 well ill do it but so far its not.
Bro if i hurt you forgive me.

Read my comment again and analyze it. Quoting myself: "I dont mean this at any rude way, but think of it as constructive criticism". Honestly, its shinji's problem. I am giving constructive criticism, meaning, one should accept it as a man and swallow it just the same way. Not doing so implies that one is not a man/mature.
Again, this is not to offend you, but im just giving a clearer meaning to what I said.

If one would have a 68.12 MB map, it only means it has WoW Imports/Dozens of songs or either a hundred to a thousand imported models that are large in size.

Level 14
Read my comment again and analyze it. Quoting myself: "I dont mean this at any rude way, but think of it as constructive criticism". Honestly, its shinji's problem. I am giving constructive criticism, meaning, one should accept it as a man and swallow it just the same way. Not doing so implies that one is not a man/mature.
Again, this is not to offend you, but im just giving a clearer meaning to what I said.

If one would have a 68.12 MB map, it only means it has WoW Imports/Dozens of songs or either a hundred to a thousand imported models that are large in size.

Stop posting here if you're not going to help. And the thing you're doing now is NOT helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.