• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Dark Colosseum 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
The Dark Colosseum 2

I'm going to make a remake version of my old map. (The Dark Colosseum v1.3+AI)

Things that I have already done

-When I was playing on Garena. Everyone complained about the random system that sends players to the arena. I fixed it. So it's a lot more fair now.
-Made it more easier to learn how to play.
-Remaked the skills of the heroes.

Thing have to be done

-Add game modes.
-Beta test.

Heroes

Swordsman

Uses a light weapon and a shield

Skills: Shield Bash, Head Bash, Mirror Image, Devotion Arua, Wind Walk

Warrior

Uses a two-handed heavy weapon

Skills: War Smash, Battle Master, War Cry, Aim at the Neck, Battle Master

Mage

Uses strong spells. Item dependant. (Items give her more spells)

Skill: Banish, Hex, Mana Shield, Brilliance Arua, Life Magic

Dual Blader

Uses two light weapons. Strong and fast, but very unintelligent

Skill: Life Drain, Evation, Sleep, Immolation, Divine Shield

Priest

Can heal allies but low attack. Can be the most powerful hero in team battles.

Skill: Heal, Flaming Blood, Blood Link, Regeneration Arua, Holy Angel

Terrain Screen Shot

temp1id.jpg

Progress

Terrain 100%
Hero 100%
Items 100%
Systems 100%

Beta Testing

Join Garena Plus group "53778". I will give credits to all who helped me testing. Also any suggestions are welcomed.

Change Log (From Beta 1.2)

Added a chat text system.
Added music play system.
Some minor improvements.

Added a damage detection system.
Fixed the cinematic bug.
Some minor improvements.

Added a new hero "Priest".
Added a new cinematic at the end. (Bugged. I'll fix it soon)

Credits

Models

Sunchips (All weapons and Armors)
eubz (Poor soldier's shield)
HappyTauren (Golden Shield)
TheSlaveOfGod (Night Elf Shield)
Forgotten_Warlord (Shield of the Forgotten Warlord)

Special thanks to

Voukras (Helping me with the item system)
sonofjay (Suggestions and other help)
Drunken_Jackal (Suggestions and beta testing)
defskull (Helping me with the Damage Detect System)
-Kobas- (Helping me with hiding the shop icon)
UndeadImmortal (Beta tester)
Dr. Brewery Ale (Beta tester)

Attachments

• The Dark Colosseum 2 (Beta 1.0).w3x
    416.1 KB · Views: 77
  • The Dark Colosseum 2 (Beta 1.0a).w3x
    416.2 KB · Views: 112
  • The DArk Colosseum 2 (Beta 1.0b).w3x
    417.3 KB · Views: 109
  • The Dark Colosseum 2 (Beta 1.1).w3x
    420.1 KB · Views: 67
  • The Dark Colosseum 2 (Beta 1.2).w3x
    423.1 KB · Views: 70
  • The Dark Colosseum 2 (Beta 1.3a).w3x
    430 KB · Views: 72
  • The Dark Colosseum 2 (Beta 1.4).w3x
    430.6 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Level 14
First of all, you use Blizz Cliffs too much, by that you already reduce the beauty of your terrain. Remake your terrain and use you blizz Cliff less, and doodad more.Just use your mind then you can make a very beautiful Gladiator Arena by using doodad, (right now I can imagine how I will do it.)

I don't want to import too mush because it will take time to download. If it's too large, no one will want to play because it will take too much time to download.

Ok. What's your idea? What do you want me to add?

Level 28
I don't want to import too mush because it will take time to download. If it's too large, no one will want to play because it will take too much time to download.

Ok. What's your idea? What do you want me to add?

You don't need to import models if you don't want to, using what blizz can offer is enough, just use your imagination.

Tip experiment on Dalaran Arc's its great on this kind of map, but if you will use it, remember to change your tileset.

Level 6
Why I agree more doodads is important, you don't need to add a whole mess of them. I think too many maps overuse doodads to the extent that it looks busy; really busy. Aesthetics is so very important when adding doodads; and if you do it correctly I think you can make a map look really well designed with a medium amount of doodads.

Level 14
Why I agree more doodads is important, you don't need to add a whole mess of them. I think too many maps overuse doodads to the extent that it looks busy; really busy. Aesthetics is so very important when adding doodads; and if you do it correctly I think you can make a map look really well designed with a medium amount of doodads.

I agree to that. Thank you.

Level 28
Downloading:

I'll leave a review later.

EDIT: Name too long so I can't open it on warcraft, but don't worry I shorten it myself so I can now play it, all I want to say is to rename it yourself then re-attach it here.

EDIT:

Okay here is a little review bro,

Bad:
  • You don't have a tutorials in-game(means almost all of the bad things can be removed when you put a tutorial.
  • I can't buy items.
  • Dual Swordsman is very op with high damage, hp and armor. I swordsman with 8 illus can't even bring him down.
  • Terrain is not that good.
  • Gameplay wasn't that fun.
  • Basic Blizzard spells
  • Bad tooltips
  • Haven't really used lots of import stuffs
Good:
  • Many items(but haven't tested them since I can't buy one
  • Nice idea

I can see lots of potential on this map, but try to give more time on it to make it better

Suggestions:
Use custom icons
Use custom/triggered spells
Try to improve your terrain
Improve your tooltips try to use color text

Level 14
Downloading:

I'll leave a review later.

EDIT: Name too long so I can't open it on warcraft, but don't worry I shorten it myself so I can now play it, all I want to say is to rename it yourself then re-attach it here.

EDIT:

Okay here is a little review bro,

Bad:
  • You don't have a tutorials in-game(means almost all of the bad things can be removed when you put a tutorial.
  • I can't buy items.
  • Dual Swordsman is very op with high damage, hp and armor. I swordsman with 8 illus can't even bring him down.
  • Terrain is not that good.
  • Gameplay wasn't that fun.
  • Basic Blizzard spells
  • Bad tooltips
  • Haven't really used lots of import stuffs
Good:
  • Many items(but haven't tested them since I can't buy one
  • Nice idea
I can see lots of potential on this map, but try to give more time on it to make it better

Suggestions:
Use custom icons
Use custom/triggered spells
Try to improve your terrain
Improve your tooltips try to use color text

I'll add some tutorials soon. Game play IS FUN if you play with a lot of people. It's balanced when people fight. Fighting AI is boaring.

Level 28
Really?? I don't want to change the skills of the old heroes. It's balanced and you can use the hero's weakness with it.

Why does it always have to be triggered??? Blizzard spells aren't that bad if you edit the effects.

Why? are triggered spells can't be balanced? I'm telling you're spells are very basic even changing you change the effects. But when you changed your spells to triggers, people will see the effort you putted on the map and have a high chance that it will get a high-mark.

Level 14
Why? are triggered spells can't be balanced? I'm telling you're spells are very basic even changing you change the effects. But when you changed your spells to triggers, people will see the effort you putted on the map and have a high chance that it will get a high-mark.

Ok. I'll add it to the now heroes. Not to the old ones. Because some people in Garena already know this map.

EDIT: Small update. Fixed bug that Gladiators can buy from allied shops. Added charged items.

Item discription will be added soon. Started working on the AI (Need help. Just ask me if you want to help)

Last edited:
Level 14
UPDATE!!!! I played this map on 1 v 1 with UndeadImmortal and I got owned!!! I'm the creator and I lost... LOL Here's the replay and the map when we played it. After playing this I fixed some minor bugs. The newest is in the first page.

Attachments

• The Dark Colosseum 2 (Beta 1.3).w3x
    429.9 KB · Views: 22
  • TDC 2 (Beta 1.3) test.w3g
    196.2 KB · Views: 25
Status
Not open for further replies.