• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Spell] The damage value of Incinerate arrow can't be editted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Thank you for your guide.
However, it doesn't meet my needs. The readme file says: "Upon the target unit's death, it will explode and deal damage equal to the damage stacked to a certain AOE."
I think it is too weak when the hero casting this ability begins to attack an enemy unit who has very low hit points left and it is too strong when the hero keeps attacking a high HP enemy unit all by himself.
Actually I don't care whether the damage dealed by Incinerate stacks or not. Even if Incinerate deals a fixed bonus damage, I can accept it as long as the target enemy unit explodes and a fixed AOE damage occurs.

Level 21
Hmmm, some testing with archers/rifleman indicate that the non-arrow version of incinerate does actually work.
I can set the explosive damage to whatever i like?!

Level 5
Hmmm, some testing with archers/rifleman indicate that the non-arrow version of incinerate does actually work.
Yes, it does. But it doesn't cost mana.
Maybe I can use it as a unit ability of the alternate form unit in some ability like Chemical Rage to make it cost mana.

Last edited:
Level 5
However, when using the non-arrow version of incinerate to attack one of several units with spell immunity, the explosion don't affect the other units nearby. It is not logical, is it? Since the bonus damage of incinerate can affect them, the explosion should affect them as well.

Last edited:
Level 12
I've ran into this issue myself, and whichever way you try to fix it, you'll have something missing or broken (As you noticed).
Even if you make it all work, you'll notice it doesn't work with lifesteal the way it should, I really don't think there's an easy way to make it work in every single scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.