• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

The custom spell animation not showing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi... I m in need of help for custom spell... I download a custom spell... I follow a tutorial from youtube and this site... All seem to be ok and successful .... But when i tried to used the custom spell in the game, the animation was not showing... I m using world editor only since i m new in this edit stuff... Is there any mistake that i do or a custom spell cannot be imported using we?? I have zero knowledge about gui, jass, trigger and whatsover.. Can somebody help me till i succeed using the custom spell ? I would be a big help and i really appreciate any help

Level 39
The spell probably uses an an animation that the model you're using for the caster just doesn't have. It's hard to say without more information. Can you link the spell you're trying to import?

In order to get help with things like this you need to show what you've tried, where you got the resource, etc.. You can attach your map to a post.

Level 2
The spell probably uses an an animation that the model you're using for the caster just doesn't have. It's hard to say without more information. Can you link the spell you're trying to import?

In order to get help with things like this you need to show what you've tried, where you got the resource, etc.. You can attach your map to a post.
i attached this file...the spell name tsukoyomi....the aura spell i used the import method (succeceded)...first, i used import method...second,since when i cannot import another spell,i used method of copy dummy,buff,trigger(no animation) where the problem occur

Attachments

• (2)BanditRidge.w3x
    203.4 KB · Views: 33
Level 2
i attached this file...the spell name tsukoyomi....the aura spell i used the import method (succeceded)...first, i used import method...second,since when i cannot import another spell,i used method of copy dummy,buff,trigger(no animation) where the problem occur
actually,i used this map to learn how to used custom spell

Level 39
There are two issues. First you did not update some of the variables that refer to the spell in its configuration trigger. Everything that says "Savior's Aura" needs to be replaced with the Tsukoyomi ability, dummy slow ability, and buff respectively. Then in the Slow (Tsukoyomi) ability you need to update the Level 1 Stats - Buffs field (and all other levels) to be the Tsukoyomi buff instead of the Savior's Aura buff. This will make the spell function properly, but it still won't fix the missing effect.

• Actions
    • -------- --------
    • -------- I have created this trigger as a means to show users what can (or must) be configured for each spell --------
    • -------- Tsukoyomi Ability --------
    • Set Spell__Ability = Savior's Aura (Passive)
    • -------- Tsukoyomi Slow Ability --------
    • Set Tsukuyomi_DummyAbil = Savior's Aura (Container)
    • -------- Tsukoyomi Slow Buff --------
    • Set Tsukuyomi_Buff = Savior's Aura
The effect is a two-part problem. First you have a duplicate dummy unit that doesn't need to exist; press Ctrl+D to show the rawcodes of the different units and delete the one that says n001, but keep the one that says n000. Then you need to change the Art - Model File of the Dummy (Vexorian, Anitarf, Infrane) (the n000) to match the dummy.mdx you imported into the map. Currently the model path is listed as Vexorian\dummy.mdl but the import's path is just dummy.mdl (you can ignore .mdl vs .mdx file suffixes), so change one of them to match the other.

Level 2
There are two issues. First you did not update some of the variables that refer to the spell in its configuration trigger. Everything that says "Savior's Aura" needs to be replaced with the Tsukoyomi ability, dummy slow ability, and buff respectively. Then in the Slow (Tsukoyomi) ability you need to update the Level 1 Stats - Buffs field (and all other levels) to be the Tsukoyomi buff instead of the Savior's Aura buff. This will make the spell function properly, but it still won't fix the missing effect.

• Actions
    • -------- --------
    • -------- I have created this trigger as a means to show users what can (or must) be configured for each spell --------
    • -------- Tsukoyomi Ability --------
    • Set Spell__Ability = Savior's Aura (Passive)
    • -------- Tsukoyomi Slow Ability --------
    • Set Tsukuyomi_DummyAbil = Savior's Aura (Container)
    • -------- Tsukoyomi Slow Buff --------
    • Set Tsukuyomi_Buff = Savior's Aura
The effect is a two-part problem. First you have a duplicate dummy unit that doesn't need to exist; press Ctrl+D to show the rawcodes of the different units and delete the one that says n001, but keep the one that says n000. Then you need to change the Art - Model File of the Dummy (Vexorian, Anitarf, Infrane) (the n000) to match the dummy.mdx you imported into the map. Currently the model path is listed as Vexorian\dummy.mdl but the import's path is just dummy.mdl (you can ignore .mdl vs .mdx file suffixes), so change one of them to match the other.
I have exactly done with the step you guide... But the animation still not showing... :(

Level 39
Then you didn't do something correctly. I changed the three variables in that trigger, deleted the extra dummy (n001 not n000), updated the slow ability buff, and changed the dummy's model path to dummy.mdl and it worked for me.

Level 2
Then you didn't do something correctly. I changed the three variables in that trigger, deleted the extra dummy (n001 not n000), updated the slow ability buff, and changed the dummy's model path to dummy.mdl and it worked for me.
Is there any complete tutorial to successfully import a custom spell?? Seem like youtube and google doesnt really help me... I don't understand tutorial from this site

Level 39
The HTML tutorial in the downloaded folder is auto-generated, not specific to that particular resource. The resource page for the spell has a list of steps needed to import it, which you seem to have followed.
  1. Tick "Create Unknown Variable when Pasting Trigger Data" in Preferences
  2. Import Tsukuyomi buff, Tsukuyomi ability and Slow (Tsukuyomi) ability
  3. Configure the Slow (Tsukuyomi) buff to pinpoint to the Tsukuyomi buff
  4. Import Spell System into your map, if you don't have one already (recommended to download from @Bribe 's official thread)
  5. Copy the Tsukuyomi folder into your map
  6. Configure the Tsukuyomi Config to mimic the one in the test map, you can play around with the real values though
  7. Enjoy!
You didn't do step 3 or step 6, and in step 4 you accidentally created an additional dummy unit and didn't change the model path of the dummy unit to match the model path of the imported dummy model (which you can see in the import manager). There's literally nothing else I can tell you to do.

Level 2
The HTML tutorial in the downloaded folder is auto-generated, not specific to that particular resource. The resource page for the spell has a list of steps needed to import it, which you seem to have followed.

You didn't do step 3 or step 6, and in step 4 you accidentally created an additional dummy unit and didn't change the model path of the dummy unit to match the model path of the imported dummy model (which you can see in the import manager). There's literally nothing else I can tell you to do.
So, different spell have different trigger? So, every time i want to import custom spell i need to see the code at this site??

Level 39
Well, yes, different spells have different triggers and objects and imports you may need to copy over to your map... since they're different spells. You need to read the documentation for a spell resource you want to use. It will tell you what to copy and what you should change.

In this case the documentation is on the webpage for the Tsukuyomi spell, in a numbered order, in red text. Many resources put it on the page, but sometimes the documentation can be found in the triggers or trigger comments.

Are you sure all steps in my documentation followed properly? If you need further help I can fix the spell in the map you're importing it to.

I also noticed that I forgot to mention to configure the ability part as well. My apologies on that matter.

EDIT :
Made additional notes on point 6 of documentation. After re-read them, I'm pretty sure it's suppose to be clear.

If you need further help, feel free to tag me here so I can help out! :)

Level 2
I will try untill i successfully import a custom spell... Thanks for the help.. I will asked if i have other problem... I have try imported 10 spell...all the spell didnt work for me.. I guess i make the same mistake...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.