• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Giving Aura an Imported Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok so, I've got the custom aura model imported and in the map. At this point I"m lost. I've tried changing the Art - Target models in the abilities and buff/effects tabs to the custom imported model like you would to a unit, but the custom aura isn't showing. Obviously I"m doing something wrong and I can't figure it out! Is it in a trigger to make it work or can I do it in the Object Editor?

Anyone able to help me out?

Level 11
Should work without any triggers.

Have you tested in-game or just looked in the world editor? Sometimes imported models don't show up in the WE until you reload it.

And of course there's always the possibility the model or texture is broken in some way.

Level 2
Should work without any triggers.

Have you tested in-game or just looked in the world editor? Sometimes imported models don't show up in the WE until you reload it.

And of course there's always the possibility the model or texture is broken in some way.

Yea I tried that and it still didn't work. I tried with another imported model and it worked though so it was probably just the model.

Since you're here, I've got another similar question lol.

I have a tree model imported and it was working ingame and in editor. Fast forward about a week or 2, I reopen my map and now it is not working..
Any idea what could be wrong?

Level 13
Well, what I know about imports: they need a specific pathing sometimes, or a .blp file to also be imported.
Did you follow the instructions to import the model on the hive website? There's a link on the webpage that says "How to import" in green.
(Also consider: this will be different if it's a skin, not an imported model)
For auras and effects, same thing. You just have to set it to the ability's effects.

Alternatively, if you had problems saving the map, this could cause the models to mess up. You'll have to import them again.

If you are using an ... illegitimate version of WC3 or one with missing files, this could also corrupt imports sometimes and make them not work (in my experience).

Level 2
Well, what I know about imports: they need a specific pathing sometimes, or a .blp file to also be imported.
Did you follow the instructions to import the model on the hive website? There's a link on the webpage that says "How to import" in green.
(Also consider: this will be different if it's a skin, not an imported model)
For auras and effects, same thing. You just have to set it to the ability's effects.

Alternatively, if you had problems saving the map, this could cause the models to mess up. You'll have to import them again.

If you are using an ... illegitimate version of WC3 or one with missing files, this could also corrupt imports sometimes and make them not work (in my experience).

From what I remember it is a model but I'll check.

I'll also give re-importing them a try.

Another quick question: What is the actual difference between a model and a skin? It's always confused me.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.