• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Custom Endurance Aura Ability 'Buff Glitches'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, a bit of a weird question which I hope I can explain properly. I have tried general searches around and haven't found this problem anywhere else on forums or other websites - possibly my search queries were wrong.
So....

I have made my own custom abilities based on Endurance Aura which I have assigned to specific items which units can equip; The idea was to make the unit attack faster/slower & Move faster/slower as percentages.
I do not want there to be a status icon when these items are equipped so I removed all instances of the Endurance Aura Buff from the custom abilities and the custom item's themselves.

In-game I still see the Buff/Status icon for Endurance Aura and I can't seem to remove it. I cannot see in any of the Abilities or Buffs Values in the various Object Editor Tabs where it is being referenced.

I have tried to hide or disable it by;
-Renaming the Existing Endurance Aura buff to a BLANK name,
-Changed the existing one to have icon NONE & Description as a Blank Space(In fact when I tried this, the last status effect that happens to the unit replaces the 'space' where the Endurance Aura buff would be.)
-Made a 'Dummy' buff that has no Icon, No Description or anything.
-Changed the actual Icons for the abilities (Abilities tab) to NONE (as a complete shot in the dark)

I cant think what else I can try but I still cant stop it from appearing whenever the items are equipped. I suspect that perhaps that buff/icon is hard-wired into the Endurance Aura Ability?
Does anyone know what might be going on or knows of something else I can try?

I hope what I've tried to explain makes sense.
Thanks

Last edited:
Level 4
I should have made what I wanted it to do a bit clearer, iv edited my post for others viewing. It was that I wanted Attack Speed to increase/decrease and movement speed to increase/decrease as percentages, I used Endurance Aura originally as it had both of these values as the same ability - for simplicity sake.

Level 30
If you remove and leave the blank field for an aura buff, or any other buff in particular, it will use the preset values - which in this case is the original Endurance Aura buff.

Unfortunately, without custom triggers, it won't be possible to gain an attack speed aura without buff placements.

Level 11
What you can do is edit the actual buff to use a completely black icon. If someone were to hover with the cursor over the buff they would still realize it's there, but it's a half-decent way of masking it.

But regardless, can you not use Tornado Aura - Slow? That Aura shows no buff and I think you can edit it's field to negative values in order to increase movement/attack speed instead of slowing them.

Level 4
Thanks for the replies, yeah Apheraz I suspected something like this was happening

Teo, Oh Tornado Aura, I'll give that a go later on - that sounds like a good workaround.

Edit: Hi Teo, you meant Slow Aura (Tornado)? I tried that but I'm afraid it still shows a buff. If I delete it the issue which Apheraz mentioned occurs and if I change it to another Tornado buff which doesn't have an Image value; Tornado Timed Life, Damage, Area etc it shows that debug 'Sammy' icon.
It was a good idea though, thanks.

Edit2 : While I was not able to fix this I assigned a new buff and named/entered in a suitable description of it for my level.

Last edited:
Level 30
Status
Not open for further replies.