• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] The Cry of the Banshee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So, i testing this map, and find only one bug. After saving and loading game Shim, Taelsay, and Scourge buildings have red team color.
Landscapes looks awesome, and create dangerous atmosphere of the Northrend.
Gameplay is very hardcore, if you ask me. Every fight is test for tactical skills, sometimes i try to avoid big group of enemies.

As I said before, Taelsay story is interesting, dialogues also on good level.

Level 8
So, i testing this map, and find only one bug. After saving and loading game Shim, Taelsay, and Scourge buildings have red team color.

This can be reset by using the color botton in the Interface.

Landscapes looks awesome, and create dangerous atmosphere of the Northrend.

I was lucky enough to have the help if some wonderful terrain Painter.

Gameplay is very hardcore, if you ask me. Every fight is test for tactical skills.

We made the Gameplay Hard but playable, every enemy need a special tactical skills, as you said.
You need to study your enemies, there won't be those armies with a thousand unit to fight and a thousand unit to lose, you will have to protect when you need to protect and sacrifice when you need to sacrifice.

sometimes i try to avoid big group of enemies.

Such one ?

As I said before, Taelsay story is interesting, dialogues also on good level.

Thank you. :)

Level 12
Combat in this is no joke! I appreciate the difficulty and the tactics of it, but I'm thinking you might need to increase out-of-combat health regeneration or something because no matter how I do the first fight with the gargoyles at least one of the heroes (usually Shim) is near dead and she doesn't regen enough to survive even a few attacks from the next Scourge squadron. I'm not the greatest player in the world, but I guarantee I won't be the only person who's going to have this problem. I've been playing for half an hour or so and I still haven't managed to get across the river. Ofc ourse, the dialogue implies I should have minions by the time I reach the river, but I most certainly do not. I'm assuming I've missed something. If we're supposed to have minions, the health regen I mentioned earlier shouldn't be an issue, but I've yet to figure out how to actually acquire minions because none of the squads I've killed apparently qualify as the "side undead enemy squads" mentioned in the optional quest. I'll keep looking.

That aside, all of the stuff I'd point out as suggestions are very minor, so well done there! This is a very seamless map for so early in the development process.
-I like the opening cinematic, but the wall models keep disappearing as the camera moves. This is a really easy fix; I had a similar problem with a castle wall model in the first-person section of my campaign. Just use Magos to increase all the model extents. I'm sure someone else could probably give a more precise explanation of this if you're interested...
-I'd recommend a 1-2 second delay on the defeat trigger so the dying hero can at least play their death animation. This sounds really random, but there was a time I nearly lost Shim and didn't even notice. A delay will hopefully give the player a chance to recognize who died and what killed them.
-I can still control fleeing units. They can't attack or cast spells but can still be given move commands. I don't know if this is intentional or not.

I'll update this post as I get farther.

Level 8
Combat in this is no joke! I appreciate the difficulty and the tactics of it, but I'm thinking you might need to increase out-of-combat health regeneration or something because no matter how I do the first fight with the gargoyles at least one of the heroes (usually Shim) is near dead and she doesn't regen enough to survive even a few attacks from the next Scourge squadron.

Shim is actually a support hero, as you might have seen it.
But I also think the Health regn should be increased, I will take a look.

I'm not the greatest player in the world, but I guarantee I won't be the only person who's going to have this problem. I've been playing for half an hour or so and I still haven't managed to get across the river. Ofc ourse, the dialogue implies I should have minions by the time I reach the river, but I most certainly do not. I'm assuming I've missed something. If we're supposed to have minions, the health regen I mentioned earlier shouldn't be an issue, but I've yet to figure out how to actually acquire minions because none of the squads I've killed apparently qualify as the "side undead enemy squads" mentioned in the optional quest. I'll keep looking.

There's three squads to kill.
One is a the west two est, when you kill them you get 1/2 of them. They might be hard to find so we might add some mini map notification to help.

That aside, all of the stuff I'd point out as suggestions are very minor, so well done there! This is a very seamless map for so early in the development process.
-I like the opening cinematic, but the wall models keep disappearing as the camera moves. This is a really easy fix; I had a similar problem with a castle wall model in the first-person section of my campaign. Just use Magos to increase all the model extents. I'm sure someone else could probably give a more precise explanation of this if you're interested...

Do that wall dissappear during the Opening Cin ?

-I'd recommend a 1-2 second delay on the defeat trigger so the dying hero can at least play their death animation. This sounds really random, but there was a time I nearly lost Shim and didn't even notice. A delay will hopefully give the player a chance to recognize who died and what killed them.

Yes, that's right.

-I can still control fleeing units. They can't attack or cast spells but can still be given move commands. I don't know if this is intentional or not.

It would be Unfair if the player get a Buff while surrounded by enemies.

I'll update this post as I get farther.

Better a new comment.

Level 12
Yes, during the opening cinematic. As the camera moves forward, the wall doodads closest to the camera disappear. It's because the camera has moved into a position where the model is no longer telling the game it has to be rendered. It's not a big deal but it's an easy enough fix that I wanted to bring it up.

Yeah, I know Shim is meant as ranged support. The gargoyles will always focus her, though, because Taelsay can't attack air units. Again, maybe this fight would go differently if I had managed to find minions. I'm about to pick up my saved game and see if I can do a little better this time.

Level 29
Y
Yeah, I know Shim is meant as ranged support. The gargoyles will always focus her, though, because Taelsay can't attack air units. Again, maybe this fight would go differently if I had managed to find minions. I'm about to pick up my saved game and see if I can do a little better this time.

Yes, the map is a bit tough. You will require minions, especially in the second part. If you are low in health, I suggest go into blighted areas.

There is a Revenant that drops a ring that allows you to use web. Use it against the gargoyles.

Level 8
Yes, during the opening cinematic. As the camera moves forward, the wall doodads closest to the camera disappear. It's because the camera has moved into a position where the model is no longer telling the game it has to be rendered. It's not a big deal but it's an easy enough fix that I wanted to bring it up.

I will take a look.

Use Shim to possess one of the gargoyles, and get the other with the skeleton archer you will get.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Level 8
Why is it taelsey double wielding frostmourne? Or was it reforged?

because it's the "Blades of the Fallen prince" WoW Lore.

I know that but I didn't make the map to know all its intricacies which means I need more time to adjust to it and frankly starting it over and over again isn't fun.
That's why we have a beta, to know where are errors and correct them.

I think there are a lot of them.

My two skellies died :(

They're made to die. Or to simply tank for a moment whyle someone is dealing damage.

Level 29
Did not reach the other ones. I battled revenants and other stuff and they pretty much depleted my HP and mana.

The other two groups are close to the other and you will have to deal with some ice trolls and the revenant. Use the runes that drop when you kill units and blighted areas across the map to heal your units.

The revenant's greatest threat is his Blizzard spell since it can injure your group at the same time. I suggest split your army into two since he is vulnerable from behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.