• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] The Core of Njord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
full

This is my current classic RPG project. I don't really have a thread prepared for this, so i will link you a video that shows some basic gameplay.

What are my plans / what do I want to implement?

-I want this game to have a classic RPG approach like WoW.
-It contains classic RPG elements like leveling, looting, farming, dungeons, bosses
-Multiplayer experience
-Full-fledged story that is told through dialogues
-Save/Load

What is already there?

-Simple combat behaviour (attack / retreat)
-Simple movement behaviour (idle / roam)
-Group behaviour (attack / roam as group)
-Custom UI (very early stage)
-Unit Dialog (contains quests / conversations)
-Quest Log
..and several other systems

Join our Discord server or watch the video for more insight!
Join the The Core of Njord Discord Server!

Last edited:
Level 21
I hated those frost bears in WoW - Dun Morogh (as a warrior and rogue) who slowed your attack speed by 50%.

I've been wanting to work on a project like this for a while now. I realized I can't really accomplish what I want to on my own, as there are some aspects of map design that are over my head. I have a bit of experience modeling/texturing (certainly no expert but I have already published a few resources and have a library of WIP stuff I just don't want to publish yet). I see you have someone helping you with terrain, but that's also something I can help with. Additionally, I feel I could potentially help with story/writing. Feel free to PM me if I could be of use to you and we'll talk more!

Level 11
This looks super awesome. What games, either on Warcraft III or not, are you using as inspiration for your combat and character mechanics?

Also, I'd love to see the code you've written for the frames. The style in these previews looks like what I envision for what I want to make and you seem to have frames down pat.

Level 17
Slight error in the first screenshot : you wrote "we would be very greatfull" instead of grateful.
Thanks for pointing out, there are probably many more mistakes.
The dialogs are just placeholders tho.

This looks super awesome. What games, either on Warcraft III or not, are you using as inspiration for your combat and character mechanics?

Also, I'd love to see the code you've written for the frames. The style in these previews looks like what I envision for what I want to make and you seem to have frames down pat.
Thank you, glad you like it! I guess it will be a bit WoW inspired, although we try to give it its own flair.
The frames are pretty basic actually, i am new to the usage of UI natives and followed Tasyens' tutorials for the most part + some experimenting. If you want to have the code, send me a pm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.