• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] The Comedy Campaign that never Was: may it be a future project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
When I got convinced to come back to WC III 2 months ago, my first thought, before purchasing the Reforged version, has been to verify that the Editor was still included. I never really learned to use it back then, but 10 years ago I took my first steps with excited joy and explosive creativity in terms of ideas which, due to my limitation (I was a dull teenager and not very skilled) were left just as ideas without any real attempt at making'em reality. While hoping to be more inclined now, I already know that life, commitments, and the lack mindset will prevent me from having even half the will I at least had then. So, honestly, I prefer sharing the ideas with you, just for the sake of laughing together. If you like we can fool around together, invent other things, and -who knows?- if this lil thing ends up being appreciated, I'd be still UP to make it REAL. But I have no knowledge od the editor. We should work as a team at this stage. So yeah. Take what I'll say as me vomiting b.s. for fun... but that COULD be a Project if many interested people are likely to give an help ^^

LET'S-A-GO

PROLOGUE:

I've always wanted to create a highly comical and zany Campaign that takes into account little of the actual Lore of the game itself. I will quote the few things I remember about my crazy old project I thought when I was 15, doing my best to purt on order, and I will add random things totally made up on the spot.
The protagonist would have been Kel'Thuzad, already in the Lich King form, and the Campaign would have been set precisely at the time of the Undead Campaign from RoC. Kel, moments after he's been resurrected via a rite by Arthas, would have ordered the troops to rest, due to the impending cold on the slopes of a mountain. One night, however, he hears some weird song and wakes up all shaken and starts exploring the village nearby, parodying the Nightmare Before Christmas with Jack Skellington: he discovers that Christmas is taking place in the village of humans soon. He never heard about it! The Lich King is fascinated by the Lights also performing in a parody song of the song "what’s this?"... but his din wakes up the guards who capture him. He asks to be spared: he intended to destroy all lives in that place, but this "Christmas" looks interesting to him so much more: Archimonde will have to wait. He will understand!

MISSION 01:

Arthas sets out with the troops to save Kel since he's suspiciously disappeared. The Prince of the Deads suspects he has been kidnapped, so Arthas makes his way with the troops by dint of murders through the village, killing innocents that have no information about Kel. After villagers, you start facing stronger enemies, until you have to face Garithos.
Halfway through the mission, you change sides and the P1 now takes control of a single unit: Timmy.
The invasion of the undead kills many villagers and Timmy has the thankless task of running away avoiding being noticed: I imagine something like the Tyrande's mission in the forest. Except that Timmy instead of an Invisibility spell, will be endowed with an ability that turns him into a "box": b.s. worthy of MGS. :pgrin: But if you move, you obviously disable your """invisibility""": I think that running thorugh the corridor of a village, while people are getting slayed by undeads, and you have a disgustingly low HP can be stressful, but also source of comedy. I also found a fascinating model of an Horror House (unfortunately I can't find it again atm, but i will ad the link asap) that can comes to life and has theet, legs and arms. I'd find hilarious having Timmy that reaches the end, hide behind an house... and in the cutscene gets eaten or killed brutally by it.

CUTSCENE:

Arthas finally reached Kel ... and finds out he's chilling and preparing decorations with villagers. A child there with him says he must "go home now or my dad will gets really angry: he is the Great Marshal Garithos". Arthas replies, embarassed: "Ehm... I'm pretty sure he won't get mad if you stay"
After this brief pun, the Prince barks at the Lich King: HE gave away his own Soul... KILLED his beloved ones... FACED Elves... ....and Kel is preparing decoration for Christmas?!
Kel, on his half, is digusted bt the fact that young Prince never mentioned him such a Source of Magic for Humans and order him to spare the survivors, and asks the terrified villagers to forgieve his undisciplined champion of darkness.

From the crowd one complains "he killed my son!"
Arthas: "I promise it won't happen again"
Villager: “Ah. All right. After all, I have other 11 kids "

MISSION 02:

The new mission now sees Kel and Arthas trying to gain the trust of many people as possibles via little sidequests that at this stage I don't know yet. One more elaborated one that could end up being the Mission 03 and that I remember from 10 years ago was the following cr*p:
I vividly remember as concept having Kel on a quest on behalf of a villager, to rescue the wild animals captured by a vile Rich Orch for his own Zoo. The Mission is set at night and the player needs to break the cages of the animals without the guards noticing him or they will alert many others opponents.

CUTSCENE:

The Lich King has gained the trust of many people: now he can start a new cult and he will call it KEALSMAS! A distorted view of Christmas in which the Lich King will be worshiped as a God and will bring gifts to the good children, and infected granaries to the baddies; and since children are pestiferous by nature, the Scourge will spread like wildfire: "this is genius!!!"
Meanwhile, since there are some nice models already available here on the site, I think it would be inevitable to make the REAL Santa Claus the Nemesis of the Campaign. Mr. Christmas learned about the bizarre cult that was created a few weeks before the most important day of the year, the Christmas! "He cannot be replaced!!!".
The one who informed him is Night Elf Sentinel, relative of his own Elves. Santa thinks this Kel needs an Ultimatum and he will sent his best Rindeer: RUDOLPH!!
"My name is not Rudolph, goddamit" replies a frustrated Cenarius, but he accept to eradicate the Scrouge anyway.

MISSION 03:

Meanwhile, Archimonde and the Demonic lords get in touch with Kel - who also wears a Christmas hat - and ask for updates, but the Lich procrastinates, boasting that he is working on something truely incredible. When they ask what that hat is about, he rampbles that is part of a huge plan and closes the portal to cut off the communication.
Kel is worried but will find a solution ... but while he is brooding, a blow comes from above that injures someone, and Kel finds out that has been caused by a Flying Reindeer.
"Oh no! It's Rudolph"
"I'm Cenarius, goddamit"
The entire mission could be a great mix of the Grom mission versus Cenarius, the Tyrande one where you have to make your way through the Orc Village to awake Malfurion, and the final Orc Mission. My idea is that Cenarius destroy your main villages, and since he is OP you're forced to run away to plan a new attack. Your only way is to make your army stronger so you need to make your way through the Orc Village that is helping Cenarius, because Thrall reveals that he is "a sucker for Christmas". But you need a relic or something like that. Or maybe you just need to kill the Orcs cause their strong BELIEF make Cenarius Stronger. It's just like in Xmas Movie: Santa's power come from the faith of the people. If you kille the people, you cut the power.

OR... As alternative

It's just like the Mission with Mal'Ganis. It's a race against time: the Hero that converts the most villagers to his own cult win. Cenarius give them Xmas Hats, and Kel givme them KELSMAS hats. Both missions end with the Death of Cenarius that get nerfed by the lost of faith of the villagers and Arthas comment saying "so he REALLY is Rudolph!"

CUTSCENE:

Rudolph/Cenarius is hurt, and Santa comes rescuing us flying on his sleigh in the sky. He also told Kel and Arthas that they are in his blacklist now and will kill them all: undeads and humans! The Lich King and humans will team up to reach the northern lands and destroy Santa's toy factory - turned into a Weapons factory.

MISSION 04:

If there were people to help with the models this could be Legnendary: I leave to you a simple flicker of the potential to your unbridled imagination: cannons that shoot snowballs, giant candy-canes instead of columns, Santa's Elves dressed in green in large quantities using candy-canes as weapon, were-rindeers.. and A HUGE, muscular Elf just for the sake of laugh, a tank that fires magic spells, TeddyBears with swords, lead soldiers!!! It would be an apocalypse of fun as a mission. And to me it would cool to set it set is as the last Blood Elves mission with two corridors, two Mini-Boss, and the Final Boss in the center. No idea who the mini boss may be: Cenarius and Thrall again? I don't know atm.
Or maybe the Fairy of Tooth and another folk Magical Being?
Final Boss is surely Santa Claus!

CUTSCENE:

Once Santa is killed, with a Cutscene he will resurrect and admit defeat saying that if they want their Cult, that's okay. He will step aside. Everyone can celebrate!
And Arthas one-shots him, killing Santa again by saying he had enough!! They should be summoning Archimonde and they have wasted weeks with this idiocy. Kel replies that Arthas should not doubt him. It's all part of the plan... for real! He understood that if you really believe, everything is possible! IT'S THE POWER OF FAITH! And it works only if you really mean it. So he had a great idea!

MISSION 05:

He gathers the humans and the undead who sing a Christmas Carol.
And we have the parallel of the last undead mission.
DEFEND Kal and the human choir as they sing the Christmas repertoire for 20 minutes in background. AHAHAHAHA
Defend them by the attack of Night Elves and Orcs, and other Humans that believe in Xmas
And if the player succeeds, Archimonde appears.

STUFF I CUTTED AWAY:

I have a vivid memory of wanting an entire mission involving the Draenei. I loved the fact that their dialogues in the campaign were few but so boring and neverending. I was amused by the idea of gathering around escourting one of them that NEVER STOPPED talking, having box of dialogues popping out for a neverending story - like Abe Simpson- for like 15 whole minutes. But I don't know how I could add them in the story.
THE NAGAS. I mean, guys, NAGAS, ILLIDAN ... they are TOO COOL to not be here. I should add them. I think they would be hilarious as part of the Cult of KELSMAS.

____

And that's it. I'm sorry for the grammar errors, since i'm not a native.
The project that never was and surely will never be. But such a sillyness deserved to be shared with you. It's obv mere comedy.
Unfortunately i'm still moving the very frist steps and i'm not good at these things. It will be a never realized lil dream, unless this stupid unpretentious thread makes a Christmas Miracle. I'd like your thoughts anyway :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.