• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Suggest a name and maybe spells?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have this boss unit in my map that wants to kill Arthas so he can be the Lich King. To make him more like a pathetic wannabe, I gave him an icy sword attachment and based him on the Arthas with Frostmourne model with a different skin.

The only thing left is his name. I want it to be similar to Arthas' name to further add to their similarities. The only thing I have so far is Arthuras.

Level 9
Maybe LEONIDAS. Nah. And oh, spells?

Death Arena
Flings all units into a x AoE around ____. After the cast, they will be slowed for x% for x seconds. The last unit attacked before cast will not be pushed nor slowed.

Frozen Mark
Passive: Every attack deals extra damage and slows by x for x seconds. This " marks " the target.
Active: When activated, the one with the mark will be stunned then all units in x AoE will be slowed. This, and the passive will cooldown for x seconds.

Undead Purge
Deals x damage in a line, dealing pure damage to undead, but reduced damage by x% in other races. If a unit has died by this skill the following will happen :
x kills : + x% attackspeed
x kills : + x% attackspeed, +x attack
x kills : + x% attackspeed, x attack and an x% critical strike dealing x times more damage.
( So on and so forth ).

Unholy Sacrifice
Deals x damage to self and deals x% of the sacrificed health to damage for x seconds. If health is below x, multiply the bonus by x.

Level 3
Awsan's suggestion gave me the idea to combine Arthas' first and last names and switch it backwards. The boss's new name shall now be Menthas, which sounds like Mentos which is totally fine considering he's just a joke boss that you fight if you want to. Anyone think I should also add 'the Freshmaker to his name?'

@Da Fist I forgot to mention, I was looking for frost spells suggestions to fit his sword but now I'm looking for frost spells that will give him that cool minty feel. I like Frozen Mark though. I'll see if I can do it.

Level 30
Some ideas here:

Zarthas (worst name I've ever thought off)

History:
Zarthas aims to kill Arthas to forever remove the great title Lich King from Arthas. His goal of becoming the Lich King, makes him corrupted and acts like an evil hero. Even as an evil hero, there are some yet few people left that trusts him and loved him.

Zarthas is actually half bad and good.

Crysta - a legendary sword that has the blood of the ice princess named Crysta. Crysta is believed to be strong that she can cast ice spells far powerful than normal ice element based power. This sword is wielded by the warrior Zarthas as his main weapon.

Stats:
Strength - 22
Agility - 15
Intelligence - 17

Spells:
*Wrath of Crysta
-Zarthas concentrates all the ice powers and particles at the tip of his sword, Crysta. After 3 seconds, unleashes it and deals x damage and freezing enemies at place for x seconds in a line.

*Crysta's Blessing
-Zarthas uses his sword, Crysta to cast upon the target an ice orb circling the target and slowing enemies near it for x%. Blessing lasts for 10 seconds.
-Slow stacks up to x%

*Battle Stance - Crysta's Soul
-Every hit that Zarthas makes, gives him bonus x% attack speed and at the other hand, hitted enemies' movement speed suffers and decreases it by x%.
-bonus attack speed and movement speed deduction stacks both up to x%

*Finale - Storm
-Zarthas concentrates his energy and casts an ice explosion at the targeted unit, dealing x damage to targeted unit and units affected in AOE and after that, bounces to nearby random enemies but deals x% less damage until it reaches its peak of 0%.
-Additionally, after casting this strong spell, reduces Zarthas's damage by 50% for 5 seconds.

Level 8
Anderhil,
Half Man, Half god.
1. Holy Generation: Embosses Different Parts Of His Body With Holy Energy for Different Functionality.
2. Holy Siphon Of Souls(passive): Every X Kill Increses Anderhil's Y Stat By Z
3. Surgical Healing : Heals For X Amount Per sec
4. Holy Shield : Increses Anderhil's Maximum Mana And Makes Damage He Takes Consume Mana Instead
5. Holy Wrath (Ultimate): Basically Avatar

Level 3
Holy Shield is pretty broken. Anyway, you guys don't have to think up ideas for Arthas' rival anymore. But uh, how about some spells for Archimonde? So far, I've only got these ideas in mind.

Archimonde
Flare Bomb - Makes a unit a ticking time bomb that will explode after X seconds.

Hand of Death - It's a WoW ripoff, I know. Basically, it's just an AoE Finger of Death.

Defiler's Might - Every time Archimonde casts a spell, his friendly units receive damage and armor bonus. Negative buffs are also removed. This is supposed to be a pair with the skill below.

Deceiver's Cunning - Every time Kil'jaeden casts a spell, nearby enemy units are damaged for X% of their current hp. DoTA rip off, I know. I wanted to make it a passive AoE debuff but Kil'jaeden already has lots of those in my map, he needs the damage.

Anyway, Defiler's Might is open for suggestions as long as its a passive that procs whenever he casts a spell and affects units around him. But what I really need are two ultimates for Archimonde. It can't be a black hole type of spell since Kil'jaeden already has that. Thanks!

Level 30
Archimonde:

*Soul Rip
Gravely electrifies an enemy unit for 5 seconds, crushing the enemies soul and dealing x damage each second.

*Orb of Destruction
Summons an orb of destruction at point which activates itself and deal x damage to units in an AOE after 5 seconds.

*Pain (based on your deceiver's cunning)
Each time Kil'jaeden casts a spell, every units affected by the spells are ministunned (0.5) and also dealt with x damage.

Soul Rip's damage is each second and this spell will only take effect at the last duration or last damage dealt.

*Demon Rage
When activated, Kil'jaeden goes into a deep demon rage that increases his attack speed and movement speed by x% (preferable higher).

The spell's purpose it for chasing enemies that has low life either attacking them or casting a spell on them, dealing damage and together with Pain, ministunning it and another additional damage.

Level 3
Thanks for the spell ideas but I think you misunderstood a little bit. So I guess I should've been more clear. Kil'jaeden's abilities are done so I don't really need ideas for him anymore. Archimonde is the only real problem.

Kil'jaeden has Deceiver's Cunning which deals damage to enemy units every time he casts a spell.

Archimonde has Defiler's Might which, for now, buffs friendly units every time he casts a spell. I was wondering what other things Defiler's might can do to make more parallel to Deceiver's Cunning.

Demon Rage is weird for Archimonde in my map partly because he's a ranged hero and mainly because I'm designing him to rely on spell damage instead of attack damage so I guess that's out.

I quite like Orb of Destruction however. I think I'll use it as an ultimate with some modifications.

Now, I only need one more ultimate for Archimonde :grin:

EDIT: By the way, do you have a recommendation for Orb of Destruction's sfx?

Level 5
Anderhil,
Half Man, Half god.
1. Holy Generation: Embosses Different Parts Of His Body With Holy Energy for Different Functionality.
2. Holy Siphon Of Souls(passive): Every X Kill Increses Anderhil's Y Stat By Z
3. Surgical Healing : Heals For X Amount Per sec
4. Holy Shield : Increses Anderhil's Maximum Mana And Makes Damage He Takes Consume Mana Instead
5. Holy Wrath (Ultimate): Basically Avatar

Geez man, u can just named it demigod or else rather than half man half god :ogre_haosis:

And for the orb of destruction sfx , try using dark lightning nova , use the nova sfx
Then add the orb that suits for the explosion, and u can add some explosion sound effect too

Level 30
Suggestion for last spell:

Wave of Chaos
-Archimonde channels for 3 seconds and unleashes dark wave coming out from the ground and around caster with a duration of 10 seconds. Each dark wave deals x damage and when caster moves, the point where the dark wave will spawn will also follow the caster.

-The spell is more like Archimonde will channel for 3 seconds and after that dark flames or waves will appear randomly around the caster and each of them deals x damage. When caster moves, the waves follow the caster.

Status
Not open for further replies.