• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Name Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi!

I need ideas what I shall name these units on the picture below.
From left to right I call them: Tombstone, Skeleton Worker, Shade, Dryad.
Note: The Tombstone is a building that can ressurect dead units.
The Shade has a blink ability, but I do not want to call it Blink.
The Dryad has an ability called Call from the Wild which summons wolfs.

But I need to find better names!

All ideas are welcome!

Attachments

• UD family.jpg
    UD family.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 142
Level 7
Tombstone of life and death, Skeleton Servent (there is not much to go wrong with this one), Blinking Ghost/Spirit/Shade, Mother Of Wolves.

Level 4
Tower - Core of Fire
Skeleton - Skeletal Campion
Shade - Shadow Minion
Druid thing - Centaure of Nature

Level 2
Classical, Mythological, Christian, and Other Naming Ideas

You might consider naming the dryad after another Greek nature spirit-- perhaps "oread" (associated with mountains rather than woodlands). Also, you could use a created name, e.g. having to do with wolves. The Classical Greek word for wolf is "lycos," so perhaps you could call the dryad a "lyciad" or some such. The Latin word for wolf, "lupus" (or "lupa," she-wolf, also a word for a female conjurer) might also provide idea fodder.

The shade fellow could incorporate a gerund in his name: "flickering" or "flitting," for example. I like the ring of "Flickering Ghost," myself.

You could call the tower a "Karmic Pyre" or something similar, since karma has to do with reincarnation. Or, since it resurrects units and looks rather grim, you could make its name an allusion to Golgotha, the hill on which Christ was crucified. The name means "skull," or something similar, and the tie-in with resurrection is obvious. "Golgothic Pyre" or something might work. Other hellish/underworld terms could also be incorporated: Tartarus/Tartarian, Sheol, Gehenna (which is an allusion itself to a burning wasteheap, tying in with the fire), etc.

As to the skeleton: I'd go with something simple, like Skull Minion, Bone Drudge, Clattering Bones, Skeletal Servitor, etc.

Level 6
Altar Of Retribution - tombstone

Underling - skeleton worker

Poltergeist - shade

Scion of the Wild - dryad

Dissipate - blink

Allure - Call of the wild.
OR
Fimbulwinter - Call of the wild(taken from age of mythology)

Level 9
Tombstone > Dark Ressurection Tower
Shade > Forgotton Soul
Skeleton Worker > Bone Slave
Dryad > Savior of Nature

Status
Not open for further replies.