• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Battle of Mord´rethar v 2.00

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
The Battle of Mord´rethar

This is a 96x96 melee map for 1 vs 1 players. It is designed with underground tile set. The general layout is wild terrain in the south, a destroyed wall in the middle and an undead base in the north.

Neutrals and creeps
-8 gold mines (1 per base, 6 expanding options 4 defended with orange creeps, 2 defended with red creep gold: base: 12500, 2 expanding:15000, 2 expanding: 18000 )
-2 goblin markets defended with orange creeps
-2 unguarded taverns.
-2 Goblin Labs defended with orange creeps
-2 Mercenary camps defended with red creeps

Creeps amount
- 8 green creeps (4 per player)
- 12 orange creeps (6 per player)
- 2 red creep ( 1 per player)

Strategy
The corner goldmines are defended with red creeps, and the more exposed with orange. There are two mayor ways of attack, but each path has two ways one to the corner of the map and the other straight to the enemy base. So there are 4 paths.
The edge goldmine allows player to control 2 of the 4 path, but the midle goldmine allows to control only one path. The midle goldmine has more gold that the edge and is better defended.

Fictional history

Every map I create has fictional history behind its creation, the enviroment with fictional history. Easter eggs can be found.

Tyrande Whisperwind led a great expedition to Northrend to make a war against the Lich King Arthas.She was commanding the night elves from her homeland and also she was being helped by the orc forces of Saurfang, the Forsaken forces of Sylvanas Windrunner, and representing the Alliance and the Knigths of the Ebon Blade, the death knigth Thassarian. After many victories against Arthas forces. Tyrande and her allies attaked Mord´rethar the Death Gate, the first line of defense used by the Scourge in Icecrown.Thassarian advised Tyrande that Baron Rivendare was probably defending that gate and he recommended to be prudent. Rivendare made war to the Scarlet crusade and the Argent Dawn in the Plaguelands, after the battle of Light Hope Chapel, he was in Naxxramas replacing Alexandros Mograine.
Tyrande ordered to use siege weapons to destroy the wall and the gate in order to overrun the place. But the wall and the gate were made with very strong titanium with magical reinforce so it took her like 15 days to make big open to get inside her forces. Rivendare concentrated his forces only to defend the wall and the gate he did not tried to counter attack.

The Battle of Mord´rethar Journal
First day
Baron Rivendare: I will contain the living attack at the first gate while I wait reinforces from the north. You go south, gather your nerubians, and strike them from behind, destroy the siege weapons, we will do a pincer manouver.
Anub´arak: Yes my lord.
Fifteen day
Saurfang: my lady, we have made a breach. Shall we attack?
Tyrande: With caution, I want only small elite groups cleaning the place. Saurfang, Velene, I leave you that task, it could be a trap.
Sentinel Velene Starstrike: It will be done my mistress.
Eighteen day
Thassarian: Lady Tyrande! We are being flank by Anub´arak forces, they are destroying our siege weapons.And the enemy is regrouping near the gate.
Tyrande: By Elune this is a trap, call every back, call the horns of retreat, I want every man, elf and orc with me, regroup defend yourself and go to the south now.
Thassarian: Yes my lady, at once.
Sylvanas: what are we going to do with the groups inside? Saurfang and Velene are inside.
Tyrande: I fear they are alone now, we have to leave, we can not afford to be cut off by a pincer attack. Injured on mounts, and leave the siege units... and the deads.
Sylvanas: It will be done my lady.

Baron Rivendare: Who is your master now?
Saurfang and Velene: We serve lord Arthas and by that we serve you.
Baron Rivendare: Good, this is victory I sacrificed the wall and my army yes, but I will have compensation with the deads here.
Saurfang: Master Rivendare, shall we pursuit the enemy?
Baron Rivendare: Not so fast, Anub´arak may do that. I don´t mind if that roach is defeated by Tyrande. I want to start repairing the wall, it will take much time and magic to reinforce it.

Baron Rivendare and Anub´arak defeated Tyrande army. Only 1/4 of the main force escaped to the south. Tyrande blamed her self for the result of that battle, but actually every survivor thanked that Tyrande gave the retreat order very fast so they escaped of being surrounded by Anub´arak and Rivendare forces. Saurfang and Velene were slained and converted in Death Knights by Baron Rivendare.
It will continue...

No imported matierial has been used, only WC3 preset elements

Changelog

Version 1.01
- deleted custom units
Version 1.02
- Set starting mana of the creeps to 100%
Version 1.03
-Removed all corpses and weird spells
-Added more wood to the northern base
-Changed mercenary camps for goblin labs
-Red creep goldmines can be reached with zeppelings
Version 1.04
-fixed start positions and aligned goldmines

Version 2.00
-Remade the map from 0 to improve it.
(the old 1.0- version was a low quality map)

Credits

Map made by Ragnaros17
Contents

The Battle of Mord´rethar (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
You should really cut on those red dead unit doodads. Why not make them have the neutral colour if want them so bad? The northern player has less trees than the one in the south. The expansion mines are too close to each other. Might want to switch...
deepstrasz
By the way, the player mines aren't mirrored. The one in the south is a bit to the west and so is the start location. Well, changes are OK. The map design is still not too melee though. Approved.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
You should really cut on those red dead unit doodads. Why not make them have the neutral colour if want them so bad?
The northern player has less trees than the one in the south.
The expansion mines are too close to each other. Might want to switch one with one of the other neutral buildings on the same line/column.
It's much easier/faster to get from the northwestern mine to the one below it than to travel from the southeastern mine to the one above it.
Spell FX again used as doodads. Not quite the best idea.

Overall a bit more work on terrain layout symmetry.

Awaiting Update.

====================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
By the way, the player mines aren't mirrored. The one in the south is a bit to the west and so is the start location.

Well, changes are OK. The map design is still not too melee though.

Approved.

Last edited: