• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Age of Sail v1.03g

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Choose between the steadfast Royal Navy, the covetous Pirate Fleet, the savage Barbarian Hordes, the erudite Guild, the shadowy Inquisition, or the war-mongering Traders' League and conquer the seas!

This map is a type of zone control.

Players pick one of six different factions, each with its own units and buildings.

The Royal Navy is the standard for naval power. They have powerful weapons, durable ships, and a wide variety of weaponry.

The Pirate Fleet consist of rogue Royal Navy units. Their strength is their flexibility, compensating for their outdated equipment by stealing the ships of their enemies.

The Barbarian Hordes are an alliance of foreign raiders. They have trouble against air units, relying on nets to ensnare their foes, but make up for it with the ability to attack multiple ships simultaneously.

The Inquisition is a shadowy religious organization. They have sophisticated ships that can cloak themselves, and they emphasize ranged combat. They have troubles fighting toe-to-toe though, as most of their units do not have splash.

The Guild is an academic institution. They have engineered native creatures into epic monsters. They by far have the best typing and flexibility in the game, at the cost of being unable to upgrade.

Common to all factions are the Shipyard and elemental towers. Most other structures are either functionally similar, but each faction has a unique air unit and super building.

CHANGE LOG

-Removed heroes
-Removed NW and SE
-Set teams to 4v4

-Added Trader's League
-Added Siege units
-Removed Guild upgrades

-Redesigned Masser
-Added unit information to Masser

-Added Spellbooks
-Set team's food to 240, divided equally

Keywords:
age, sail, zone, control, navy, naval, boats, ship, ships, sea, ocean, battleship, battleships, isle, isles, island, islands, footies, footman, footme
Contents

The Age of Sail v1.03g (Map)

Reviews
10:14, 22nd May 2009 by bounty hunter2: Poorly made terrain, missing hotkeys, lacking tooltips, leaks and lags, needs more races, game modes, more features, this isn't either original or interesting, Rejected. Use our Map Development forum for...

M

10:14, 22nd May 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Poorly made terrain, missing hotkeys, lacking tooltips, leaks and lags, needs more races, game modes, more features, this isn't either original or interesting, Rejected.

Use our Map Development forum for further development of your map, this is nowhere near approval.

Level 9
i sure hope this can be played in single lets see
edit: okay it cant so here is something i would like you if could do it maybe if you know how to make a AI for the computer to play along i like the idea it is kinda battleships actually no but thats the first impression i got though this is map where you build some special buildings that i guess have a "timer" like footman wars how often those units come which is good really but since i couldnt really test if their was any bugs and that i am gonna give 3/5 if you find this unfair or got any questions to this PM me i cant say if this should be approved or rejected i would have to test again someone
~Cyper95~

Level 5
Quite fun, but I did not know how to get to Tier 2 and 3. The game ended when I was in Tier 1 with my friends.
Quite fun game, different spots different army and many different races to choose from.