• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Thanos

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
This one is the Avengers: Infinity War version of Thanos, and I'll hopefully make an armored version of him as well.

I made the Infinity Gauntlet detailed, since it's an important part of Thanos.

"When I'm done, half of humanity will still exist."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big Thanks to @Tauer for providing the head mesh for this model.
The head mesh is from his Orgrim Doomhammer model.

Tell me anything that you think is wrong with the model, and I'll try to fix it.

If anyone wants to make an Icon for this model, it'd be appreciated!

The mesh (excluding the head) is made by me in Milkshape, and the model is animated in Mdlvis.

Give me (and @Tauer) credit if you use this model :D

Don't distribute this model anywhere without my permission.
Contents

Thanos (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Many unused textures and again geoset animations referencing the same geoset. Please fix those.
Level 14
Thanos with a human-skin Ears ? View attachment 300470
I like the spell animation tho. Just a ... " Ears " issue XD
4/5*

In my comment at the top of the thread, I said some geoset animations weren't visible on the HIVE workshop model viewer (Which is why the Gauntlet and the Infinity Stones aren't colored either in the viewer).

In Magos and Ingame the ears are colored and don't look like that.

Level 8
I don't know what is wrong with it.

Will you please give me some valid suggestions?

I think your imagination is too cartoonish:)

Idk maybe you're limited by what you can do on the texture because of the model but..

Thanos had a very muscular and detailed face in the movie I know this is wc3 model we're talking about but that doesn't mean it's face should look like as if it's drawn in paint.

This one right now misses so much detail. Lips, lines, a proper nose, eyes...that's why the look on his face is dull af.

Maybe someday if this model gets a custom skin by a skilled artist you will then understand what I'm talking about:)

Level 14
I think your imagination is too cartoonish:)

Idk maybe you're limited by what you can do on the texture because of the model but..

Thanos had a very muscular and detailed face in the movie I know this is wc3 model we're talking about but that doesn't mean it's face should look like as if it's drawn in paint.

This one right now misses so much detail. Lips, lines, a proper nose, eyes...that's why the look on his face is dull af.

Maybe someday if this model gets a custom skin by a skilled artist you will then understand what I'm talking about:)

Thank you!

Alrighty, now I have more to work with.

I understand where you're coming from, and you're right in the fact that i'm extremely limited in details, because of the need to use in-game textures.

I'm also not the best at selecting and knowing what textures to choose and how to properly unwrap models.

I might get a skilled artist to do his textures, but I'm not sure where to find one and whether they would be willing to work on it.

All of the stuff you mentioned, "lips, lines, a proper nose, eyes" can only be more detailed if I have better textures to work with, or if I get a skilled artist to do a retexture for my model.

I'll see if there is anything I can do for the stuff you mentioned!

Thanks so much!