• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Thalassian Ballista 1.5

I made a unique model for High/Blood Elf Ballista since the current Reforged unit still uses Glaive Throwers

base model is Neutral Ballista, wheels are from Siege Engine/Steam Tank, Draenei Demolisher, and Neutral Ballista, ballista wings are from Blood Elf Lieutenant retextured with freehand, Silvermoon capstan is from Sir Gregory Edmunson/Sage Truthbearer's plate armor circle retextured with copy-paste from Silvermoon crest and some freehand, front and back plates are from Jennalla Deemspring's pauldrons, beams are from Draenei Seer's Den, bolt arrowhead and tail are from Night Elf Glaive Thrower, other decorative stuff are from High Elf Farm 2

this model features custom animations for the ballista wings, its own projectile, and the Silvermoon capstan when attacking

here's how it looks like in game:

Thalassian_Ballista_1.PNG

Thalassian_Ballista_2.PNG

(err, disregard the funny placement of the arrowhead, it's fixed in the .mdx file don't worry; I'll replace the images again when I have time again)

suggested team colors:
  • High Elf: Blue, Teal, Turquoise
  • Silver Covenant: Blue, Navy
  • Blood Elf: Red, Orange, Maroon

any criticisms and/or suggestions are welcome

update:
14/11/21 - forgot to upload portrait, there you go
02/12/21 - added optimizations, footprints, and fixed the capstan disc on Stand Ready (thanks Mr Ogre Man!), also gave her her own projectile (thanks Flinn!)
12/12/21 - reduced the size of bolt arrowhead, also added a no-explosion version of the ballista missile
16/12/21 - added icons (thanks Z1003!)
Contents

Blood Elf Ballista Icon (Icon)

High Elf Ballista Icon (Icon)

Thalassian Ballista (Model)

Thalassian Ballista missile (Model)

Thalassian Ballista missile no explosion (Model)

Thalassian Ballista portrait (Model)

Reviews
Barorque
Approved. Wonderful and very useful model for High/Blood Elves. As said in the comments an icon would be welcome, however in this case some of the Reforged originals may fit it so it not critical for approval in this case.
Level 21
Nice!

I always wondered on why they didn't have their own siege unit in the Blood Elf Campaign, but they lazy added the Glaive Thrower to the Undead Campaign which honestly I never cared for...

Still regardless nice job and this will be very handy to the High Elf/Blood Elf Armies...<3

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
update: reduced the size of arrowhead and added a no-explosion ballista missile
Approved. Wonderful and very useful model for High/Blood Elves.

As said in the comments an icon would be welcome, however in this case some of the Reforged originals may fit it so it not critical for approval in this case.
I can't seem to have time (and mental health) to try to do it :(; I just posted in the Request and hope someone could do it for me