• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing unit problem - causes invisible unit and lock up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
What I want: I want to put a flag on this Blizzard model: Buildings\Other\Tent\Tent.mdx

I extracted this texture: Textures\LordsNatural.blp and modified it to look like I wanted it to.

Here is the .blp that I made, the TGA that I made it from and the .mdx from Blizzard:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=s8dwzo

It all looks beautiful in the War3ModelEditor, exactly like I want. When I upload the .blp and put it in it's location: Textures\LordsNatural.blp, the tent unit is just disappeared. It's still there (it's a shop), and has a shadow and so forth, but it's invisible. The unit can be placed on a map but it is invisible still.

Furthermore, one of the maps in my campaign now crashes when I try to edit it. I can open the campaign but when I try to edit that particular map it pauses during the doodad load (around doodad 4000) and then locks up. Windows then shuts down the WC3 editor.

The only thing I can think is that the .blp file is used for many units/doodads other than just the tent. Maybe the changed file is doing something to one of those doodads in that particular map and breaking it. I can't imagine what I could do to a .blp file that would cause this to happen however.

Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.