• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

invisible skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
ok i made my skin and its in blp format but when i upload it to the map and test it the unit is invisible except for the player colors. can anyone help me with this?
-i tried changing the model file to roc and tft and even both
-im getting an error message at the bottom of the screen that says the unit cannot be found or something like that...

Level 13
I have experienced it. Is it Demon Hunter skin? some skin cannot be edited on several spot, or you will get alpha error on it. It will cause your skin to become invisible in game. It can be caused by your image editing program which has error on its alpha editor or alpha error on the skin itself (i've heard it somewhere).

Level 13
no this one was on the human archer hero (i forget the name) anyway the path was correct and i re did it a few times and then she came out blue for some reason? haha i cant figure it out i think i might give up skinning and just stick with making maps...i think i prefer writing triggers anyway haha

Level 13
im guessing you cant edit her face because now everythings fine except shes missing her head haha but her clothes came out the way they were supposed to..hmm..*shrugs* i kinda like the deformed version tho when she was blue..she almost looks undead cus her clothes are missing pieces too..if only she had some hair to cover up the polygonal hole on her head i could say that it was intentional and post her as undead haha

Status
Not open for further replies.