• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texture Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 51
Anyone else experiencing weird issues when replace already existing ingame textures?

The models appear black in the preview and the editor crashes when I place them. Does not happen with tilesets, only with doodad models. Have not tried it with units yet.

Only thing that happened with tilesets was that the cliffs of the outland tileset were black too. (Don't know why that one exactly).

That was before I updated to the new patch, which I did afterwards. Did not fix anything though.

Never had any problem like that before.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Happened to me. But the only thing I can think of is maybe it's textures resolution? Some textures you use probably has incompatible resolution. Must be multiples of 32x32 I think.
If not, then I dunno.
Not at all true. Textures can be any dimension. Mipmap levels will only be loaded up to 512*512 pixels though.

I am guessing the texture file is non compliant BLP. Many of the skins and icons on this site are such because the tools used to make them were made from a wrong BLP specification document.

Status
Not open for further replies.