• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Texture is bleeding over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
About
I built a cart, that i am going to use for windows phone 7 game that runs in xna. I am using 3ds Max.

I have a cart model, and I made a texture map, and rendered my texture to it .
The Texture is bleeding over though, and i am unsure why or how to fix it.

(I Added Pictures at the bottom to show what i mean)

More Info
I have a model with a few textures on it, and it runs in my game fine.
The issue is it looks terrible with out lighting and the lighting it too expensive in my game.
Thus I decided to follow the video below to put the lighting into a single texture.

But its bleeding over. Any Idea why?
Any suggestions?

I Followed this Video I found Online

Attachments

• Before Textured.png
    Before Textured.png
    439.4 KB · Views: 206
  • Textured.png
    Textured.png
    550 KB · Views: 129
  • TextureMap.jpg
    TextureMap.jpg
    425.4 KB · Views: 140
  • Render Map.jpg
    Render Map.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 202

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
The 'bleeding over' effect is due to the UV map reading areas of the texture that you might not intend it to. It can also be due to the shader stretching a low resolution texture to fit larger polygons.

Problems I can see:
- The vertices on your UV map are very close together, some are even overlapping.
- It looks like you're using a reasonably small texture for the level of detail on your model.

To fix it:
Either allow for more room on your UV map around the vertices or increase the size of your texture.

Level 12
What I tired
I tired Adding changing the spacing from 0, to .2, to 1. And seemed to have very little effect.
I tired upping the texture and it seemed to fix most everything, with much less minor bleeding and only in one spot if i can tell.

Game Limitations
But I don't think my game will be able to handle that large of a texture 2048, by 2048.
So ill likely just live with the the bleeding on 512 or 256. ill have to see how much performance difference there is.

I may in the end just allow this model to have real time lighting, and nothing else. depending how they turn out and the performance turns out.

Thanks
But much thanks, I was able to see in improvement with your suggestions of a higher res texture, and learned a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.