• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Texture Help , model shows up gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So i really don't want to post on this topic except i've been trying for almost a week to get textures to show and still no luck. I have built a model from scratch , UVW added , mapped and textured. looks fine. I have the model in the editor, so far so good. but the hiccup is the texture . its always gray . I have managed to get a model from maya to 3dsmax or gmax ( i have tried both to check for different outcomes ) , then tga to blp , ( tga from gimp and PS ) , i've tried a wide array of conversion utilities and so far the best that have worked for me are ; blplab_v0.3.2 , MdlxConv and War3ModelEditor.

war3modeleditor.jpg

importmanager.jpg

objecteditor.jpg

wc3editor.jpg

-KidYojimbo

Level 1
Solved

SOLVED : the issue came from using a dodad instead of a destructable, i added the texture and it was fine , as well i now have a working pipeline working in windows 7.

maya2010 x64 - modeling , uvw , preview texture
-- export as obj

photoshop / gimp - texturing / shading
-- save as tga 24 or 32 with "Alpha 1" 256x256 or 512x512

3ds max 8 - import obj , add "Unwrap UVW"
-- export to mdl

Notepad++ (colourizes code for readibility)
--edit *.mdl textures

Warcraft III Mdlx Converter 1.03
-- convert to mdx

BLP Lab
-- convert tga to blp

test via War3 Model Editor

import to war3 editor as distructable

objrecteditor.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.