• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texture Fixes to this Elekk Skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Kimberly has given me and anyone else to permission to edit her skin for this model.
Here is a screenshot of the skin applied to the mammoth

Elekk Skin.jpg

As you can see, it looks pretty good, except for the trunk looks bad in the portrait, and there's like some weird flat blue things sticking out of its back. Would someone please fix these things, not sure how you would, but I think the skin would still look good without a trunk, though the trunk also looks fine outside of the portrait, in-game. + rep for any help and much appreciated!

I can't use the elekk model because its just too big, but I think the skin is more then acceptable when merely used on the mammoth model, if these problems are fixed.

Level 8
I'll admit it does looke significantly improved, and usable now which is great, but the wierd flap things are still showing somewhat and the portrait is a little off. You can see into the bottom of its mouth and the lower half of its jaw doesn't fit the rest of the skin. I'm sure you saw this, but here's a SS for other people at least.

Improved Elekk.jpg

Maybe this can't be fixed 100%, and if so I'll just end up using your edited version Cloudwolf. Thanks a lot man, I hope I didn't sound ungrateful, +rep and credit.

Edit: Hmm... it appears I must spread some rep around first. But I shall.

Level 31
The skin was made specifically for the custom model, which was edited from the mammoth model. The model had some wrap issues fixed and moved around, so yeah, it's not gonna wrap right on the vanilla mammoth model. Also, those flaps are alpha sections of hanging fur, cause mammoths are covered in the stuff.

Level 8
Ah thank you. Well the skin will definitely work, its way better then the 200 kb model, so thanks a lot Cloud, this was very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.