• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texture animation not saving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
I've encountered a really annoying problem.

My model, View attachment humantank.mdx, has a texture animation for it's treads (it's a "tank") when walking. Though, every time I save and then re-open the model, the texture animation is disabled and I have to re-add it to the materials again.

I've tried everything, and I'm stumped. If anyone could tell me how to fix this, or at least what's causing it, I'd be very thankful.

Level 26
thats because magos doesnt save the material layer properly. every time you assign the texture animation to the material layer, it will reset to blank when you save and close it. So to set it properly, you have to save the file as an mdl, open it in notepad or some sort of text editor, find the material layer and input

"TVertexAnimId, 0, " at the bottom of the group of code underneath/inside
"Material {
Layer {
Filtermode (whatever) "

if you have multiple texture animations, then each one is numbered 'minus one'.
so if you have 5 texture animations you will see
TVertextAnimId, 0
through
TVertexAnimId, 4

Level 31
Code:
thats because magos doesnt save the material layer properly. every time you assign the texture animation to the material layer, it will reset to blank when you save and close it. So to set it properly, you have to save the file as an mdl, open it in notepad or some sort of text editor, find the material layer and input

"TVertexAnimId, 0, " at the bottom of the group of code underneath/inside
"Material {
Layer {
Filtermode (whatever) "

if you have multiple texture animations, then each one is numbered 'minus one'.
so if you have 5 texture animations you will see
TVertextAnimId, 0
through
TVertexAnimId, 4

thanks a ton

Status
Not open for further replies.