• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texture animating and rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Does anyone know if it's possible to create a model using billboarded textures (like the Farseer or Witch Doctor missile) that rotates on the x axis? I'm trying to get some sort of a whirlpool0ish type effect, but so far I've been having little luck. I tried exporting the geosets of the Farseer model and attatching it to the spinning bone of a Wyvern spear, but the spinning part only works if I don't have the texture billboarded. Once it's billboarded, the texture doesnt move with it.

I tried copying the rotation and putting it into a texture animation, but that doesnt seem to be doing it either. Even so, I haven't the foggiest as to what the specific fields in Bezier or Hermite rotation mean, so all of it is complete guesswork. I'm using Magos' Model Editor, and so far I've been able to do some nice stuff with it, but I'm really hoping I can get past this problem. Can anyone help me?

Level 3
I guess the question is which one to use...I think I had tried all of those, and no matter which one got locked it would still mess up. Maybe its just a Magos problem.

Either way, after messing around with some things I at -least- got something that looked like what I was aiming for in World Editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.