• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rotation Animation parameters???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
When editing a model with Magos's Model Editor, the parameters for rotation are a little funky.
0: { 0, 0, 0, 0 } where the first 0 is the frame number, and then there are not 3 but 4 parameters for rotation. Does anybody know EXACTLY what these are? I've figured out that they seem to correspond to coordinates not rotations, so when you square each number and take the sum, it has to be 1 otherwise things get REALLY weird.

by following frame#: { 0, 0, sin(x), cos(x) } I get a nice smooth rotation around the z axis.

Basically all I know at this point is that, and that these are not Euler rotations...

Level 8
Thanks!

What about the InTan/OutTan parameter? I can't figure out what those actually mean. I know they're the positions of the handles for the bezier curves, but I don't understand how these can be positions (shouldn't there be some sort of temporal dimension to this???)

I'm trying to visualize the rotation keyframes as making a graph, but then where do the bezier handles fall???

Status
Not open for further replies.