• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Text Font

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
there is a much more simple and far better way, concerning the filesize ;)

as it has been done in toj..

you import the font with a path you want (rhymes!) but i recommand you to remove the war3mapimported

next step is you open the map with an mpq editor and extract the war3mapskin.txt

then you open the txt file with notepad or anything and add a thing

[CustomSkin]

ChatFont=YOURFONT.ttf
EscMenuTextFont=YOURFONT.ttf
TextTagFont=YOURFONT.ttf
InfoPanelTextFont=YOURFONT.ttf
MessageFont=YOURFONT.ttf
MasterFont=YOURFONT.ttf

then open the map with the editor and import the war3mapskin.txt and remove the path from it

save the map now and delete the war3mapskin.txt from the imports (or you wont be able to make any more changes to it via the editor ;))

save again

test it

Level 17
there is a much more simple and far better way, concerning the filesize ;)

as it has been done in toj..

you import the font with a path you want (rhymes!) but i recommand you to remove the war3mapimported

next step is you open the map with an mpq editor and extract the war3mapskin.txt

then you open the txt file with notepad or anything and add a thing

[CustomSkin]

ChatFont=YOURFONT.ttf
EscMenuTextFont=YOURFONT.ttf
TextTagFont=YOURFONT.ttf
InfoPanelTextFont=YOURFONT.ttf
MessageFont=YOURFONT.ttf
MasterFont=YOURFONT.ttf

then open the map with the editor and import the war3mapskin.txt and remove the path from it

save the map now and delete the war3mapskin.txt from the imports (or you wont be able to make any more changes to it via the editor ;))

save again

test it

Could you provide me that file? My pc can't use those mpq opening programs. And I'd rather use your method then using JNGP.:p

Level 9
@ Airandius I would advise you to ignore that method if you're planning to modify data under Game Interface.
But if you're not modifying anything from Game Interface too, use that guy's method.

Level 8
@ Airandius I would advise you to ignore that method if you're planning to modify data under Game Interface.
But if you're not modifying anything from Game Interface too, use that guy's method.

solved ;)
and im not just a guy, i made toj btw...

Could you provide me that file? My pc can't use those mpq opening programs. And I'd rather use your method then using JNGP.:p
uhm sure?
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/mpq-editor-131707/ or http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/winmpq-v1-64-a-62969/ usually work
or are you using mac?

i cant provide you with that file, because it would overwrite all changes you made in the custon skin....
but you can look for your map at mapgnome.org; click on 'open as archive' and download the file(s) you need

Level 19
thanks tomb-of-jarahcon-dude for this cool information

(unfortunately I am unable to use JNGP and some other dudes told me it was impossible to change the font so I am very happy to read this) :grin:

but I got a problem with "removing the path"

if I save the map after I set the path to "" it will say: "can't read file xyz.tff" properly" and it won't work

after deleting it the font is gone, too

reimporting the modified war3mapskin wont work either cause the WE crashes when trying to load saying this file is corrupted
[edit: with the MPQ Editor]

of cause I could just modify the game interface before adding the font but this method is kind of final

note: there is no war3mapskin to export if you didn't make a cross at "use custom game interface" but any txt file with the name should work as well

Last edited:
Level 8
well that removing the path means you should remove the war3mapimported
not the whole thing..

about 'reimporting the modified war3mapskin wont work either cause the WE crashes when trying to load saying this file is corrupted'
well hm
it worked for me, so maybe you have 'corrupted' the file, by adding that required text to the wrong position? not sure...
try importing it with the mpq editor anyway :p
some way must work

Status
Not open for further replies.