• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Terran Arclite Tank - can't see the model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi.
It's not my model so I do not upload it in Maps & Resources, but I will upload it here and I'm going to ask you to try to import it to your random map to see if it works for you and, if yes, then help me in turn to import it to my map because I have already tried few ways and still I can't see this model. I really need it.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• File00002277.blp
    683.8 KB · Views: 151
  • Arclite Siege Tank.mdx
    77 KB · Views: 54
Level 21
Arclite Siege Tank SC1 - THE REAL ONE - Requests - Artist Tavern - Development - SC2 Mapster Forums - SC2Mapster
Here you're welcome.
btw. why do you suppose these three textures are needed? how did you get the idea about them? Maybe you're thinking about different Arclite model.
It seems whoever uploaded it forgot to attach those textures.

I opened the model with War3 Model Editor and saw that the model's particle emitters use those three textures. So, you can replace the textures used by the particle emitters, remove the particles entirely or use another model instead.

Level 9
Ok, my lack of experience filled with the way of deduction.
I have deleted all particle emitters of missing textures and then missing textures themselves. And it works.
In the image I show you how you should edit the path already in map editor.

It says the model comes from a MPQ archive of an abandoned WC3 mod called Project Revolution. It was available here, but the page is 12 years old and the torrent link is dead.

You can try to find the MPQ archive somewhere online and extract the textures from it.
yeah, I was trying all these things year ago and closest hour ago and I know it
the mod demo is available nowhere, some private persons still have the files but it seems no one wants to share
and they say nothing is lost in internet

EDIT. I have found some German site allegedly with Project Revolution Demo WarCraft 3: The Frozen Throne: Project Revolution - Demo zum Download - 4Players.de
I have downloaded it. Installator is like miniature dos style one, I barely read what was typed there, but it says it will not continue installation until it detects original starcraft cd in the drive.
I will try it later because I fortunatelly do have original Starcraft CD, but it's late now here and I'm not going to go up my attic where I have it.
Also there is mpq file as well but my Magos doesn't show any content when I open it. Maybe it's because of my old laptop damn Windows access security.
Dunno. You can try it by yourself. Again a link: WarCraft 3: The Frozen Throne: Project Revolution - Demo zum Download - 4Players.de

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    991.5 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Level 21
The MPQ archive unfortunately doesn't have a listfile; that means that it's not possible see the files it contains. However, since the names of the textures can be seen in the model itself, I was able to extract them.

I didn't test it myself, but the original model should work if you import the textures and set their paths to:
PrUnits\Units\Terran\SeigeTank\dustcould.blp
PrUnits\Units\Terran\SeigeTank\Texplode.blp
PrUnits\Units\Terran\SeigeTank\tankblast.blp

Attachments

• dustcould.blp
    683.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Texplode.blp
    683.8 KB · Views: 55
  • tankblast.blp
    171.8 KB · Views: 55
Level 9
I did as you told and it works, in two thirds - now attack animation (both attack and alternate attack) has blast glow after shooting, and three siege "talons" raise little dust clouds when siege mode is deployed.
Death animation explode doesn't appear - the whole model just disappears when it dies. Well not a whole, because the Geoset 00379708 - ie. the tank's tower "neck" stays after death. It's left as "alpha version" of the model's corpse I guess, because decay animation is not attached to this model, and it's not missing puzzle like the last three textures this time. I didn't find any traces about such an animation in this model's file.

Another lack of completion of this model is no turret animation such as the Human Cannon Towers have, which rotate to target's direction. Arclite Tank's cannon tower is completely static (Human Cannon Towers were so as well in version 1.0 of Warcraft).

Thank you Hermit. You're my best ally.

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 49
Level 21
Death animation explode doesn't appear - the whole model just disappears when it dies. Well not a whole, because the Geoset 00379708 - ie. the tank's tower "neck" stays after death. It's left as "alpha version" of the model's corpse I guess, because decay animation is not attached to this model, and it's not missing puzzle like the last three textures this time. I didn't find any traces about such an animation in this model's file.
You're right, it looks like the TRDT event object spawned a separate model in the death animation. By the way, you might also want to replace the sound events; the model has a bunch of sounds that don't work outside the Project Revolution mod since they used custom sounds.
Another lack of completion of this model is no turret animation such as the Human Cannon Towers have, which rotate to target's direction. Arclite Tank's cannon tower is completely static (Human Cannon Towers were so as well in version 1.0 of Warcraft).
Turreted buildings have a node (a bone or a helper) called 'bone_turret' which allows them to automatically aim only the turret at the target.

You could rename 'bone_chest' to 'bone_turret' to make it rotate, but it still wouldn't look right since the model's back side appears to become its front side in the alternate animations.
Thank you Hermit. You're my best ally.
I'm glad I could help. :smile:

Last edited:
Level 9
You're right, it looks like the TRDT event object spawned a separate model in the death animation. By the way, you might also want to replace the sound events; the model has a bunch of sounds that don't work outside the Project Revolution mod since they used custom sounds.

Turreted buildings have a node (a bone or a helper) called 'bone_turret' which allows them to automatically aim only the turret at the target.

You could rename 'bone_chest' to 'bone_turret' to make it rotate, but it still wouldn't look right since the model's back side appears to become its front side in the alternate animations.

I'm glad I could help. :smile:
So in alternate animation attack the aim directions would be reversed and the attack animation would should facing backwards?

Level 9
If you use it like NE Ancients (mobile and immobile form), it would have no effect on the attack animation, but the turret would turn to face the opposite direction in the alternate animations.
As I though.
Well, isn't it easy to fix by not using the Ancient mechanics rather but something like Burrow/Submerge mechanics instead?
I mean:
- copy paste the model file
- reverse copied model's facing
- in World Editor, make new unit using copied model and new ability wherein first model morphes to his reversed facing copy (the latter with alternate animations on, of course)
- alternate animations now shoot in graphically correct directions

aint i rite?

Level 21
As I though.
Well, isn't it easy to fix by not using the Ancient mechanics rather but something like Burrow/Submerge mechanics instead?
I mean:
- copy paste the model file
- reverse copied model's facing
- in World Editor, make new unit using copied model and new ability wherein first model morphes to his reversed facing copy (the latter with alternate animations on, of course)
- alternate animations now shoot in graphically correct directions

aint i rite?
I don't think that would work, but it can't hurt to try.

Level 9
I don't think that would work, but it can't hurt to try.
Probably I'll play around with it a bit later.

Hermit, did you manage to install the Project Revolution mod?
I wanted to try with Starcraft CD in the drive, but, for anger, in my attic I found Diablo 1 and Warcraft 2 CDs but couldn't find my Starcraft CD...
I have to think what the best did I do to my Starcraft copies for god's sake. Now, when it's really needed.

Level 21
Hermit, did you manage to install the Project Revolution mod?
I wanted to try with Starcraft CD in the drive, but, for anger, in my attic I found Diablo 1 and Warcraft 2 CDs but couldn't find my Starcraft CD...
I have to think what the best did I do to my Starcraft copies for god's sake. Now, when it's really needed.
Honestly, I'm neither interested in Starcraft nor that mod, but good luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.