• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #12 - Theme and general discussion

What do you want to be the theme for the terraining contest # 12 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Yes, i thought about it and about creating one already, just not sure how many options I want to add and all that.
So I would you all to once again voice your favourite themes of those already mentioned, so that I can see those sticking out, which could qualify to be in the poll.

Level 17
I voted for Horror/Nightmare, purely because I like the idea better than the others.
Evolution though doesn't sound too bad.

Level 17
One of YOU'RE ideas? Look at the first page.

Here's a list of ideas on what you could do! I got these ideas from myself and other users too. :D
  • Wonderland
  • Underwater
  • Natural Environments
  • Apocalypse
  • Sanctuary
  • Candy-land
  • Creepy/Eerie
  • Sci-Fi
  • Universal
  • Racial Settlement
  • Emerald Dream
  • Nightmare
  • Castle
  • Sand Dunes
  • Nether-realm

You don't have to like them, they are just ideas. :)

Silly tleno, always thinks everything is his idea.
Anyway, I'm going off-topic with that.

Keep the votes coming!

Level 27
Oh, I know one that won't be hard to make and it's still has a full spectre of ideas to use.
Plus it's kinda related to current stroywriting contest: Horror/Nightmare.

You need to make something nightmareish, terrible and spooky. A haunted mansion, zombie cementery, monster filled swamp - anything you like!

So what do you think about it?

See? you suggested Nightmare, but that's me who suggested Horror/Nightmare.

Silly Skycraft...

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Evolution seems very similar to the cataclysm theme, wouldn't you agree?
'Portraying two terrains, one which takes place before the fundamental change, and one after.'

Only difference would be that cataclysm is sudden change, where as evolution is gradual.
The general concept idea is identical, I'd say.
I completely agree with this dude concerning the evolution theme.
I'd rep him but for any apparent reason I can't.

Level 36
To my eyes, it seems narrow as to the end of it having to do with "horror." In some way or another it needs to look scary/dark or twisted. The scenery can be what you chose it to be, yes. But then, it has to compliment the feeling of fear and or surprise, horror. And thus narrowing the ideal feel of the terrain down to something that seems very limited for me, in terms of emotional conclusion and overall feel of a terrain.

Besides, I just dont really like the theme, never been a fan of horror stuff.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Racial Settlements is by far the most free theme nominated.

And quite frankly I would actually not leave this matter to be decided by a public poll where half of the voters won't even enter the contest :p

EDIT: I just noticed that a ":p" just had to be added to make this post slightly more badass.

Last edited:
Level 11
Can't wait for the next terraining contest
195880-albums4448-picture43326.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.