• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrainer for Swarm (Hero Defense/Survival)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I need a terrainer for my map "Swarm". I will try to keep the info on this page as short as possible. I don't have time for full map presentation right now. So I will skip some of the details, at least for now.

Work:
Need a ruined city-environment. Kind of thing for any zombie apocalypse survival map (Destroyed buildings, burning areas etc..) There is a barricaded area in middle of the map -however- where most of the game takes place.. This area is already designed and will remain untouched by terrainer. List of all the major stuff that is needed for environment design:
- It needs to look alive (in this sitiuation "dead" of course =) ) I mean not too dull, not too symmetric and shiny, but somewhat "full"..
- Doodad placement locations and pathing is not too important, as players will almost never leave the internal area. Computer controlled creeps will raid the internal place from outside as waves.

Credits:
If you can make a suitable terrain for my map. You will be credited as "Lead Terrainer" at the top of the Credits section. Credits will be in Questlog [F9].

Gameplay:
Gamestyle is a "wave by wave raid" of infected population against remaining survivors. Infected units are controlled by computer AI. Game allows 1-4 players to work cooperatively and there are 4 different classes (heroes) to pick from. All units are unique both in attributes and playing. Classes and their general roles with shortest desc:
Marine: Typical soldier. Highly mobile unit, armed with Assault Rifle Mark II
Heavy Weapons Guy: Heavy assault unit armed with an Avenger Minigun, can slaughter clusters of enemy units in short time. Consumes much ammo.
Engineer: Defensive unit armed with standart Assault Rifle. Can craft items, deploy mines, build and repair turrets. (Essantial for defense)
X-22K Prototype: Cybernatic unit of the squad. Armed with a Electron Rifle, it is the only unit dependant on electrical energy sources, and does not suffer from hunger/dehydration, poision and disease. Excellent counter for the Dreadlord with its EM Bolt ability.

All units except Prototype use global 7.62mm ammunition. I made a reload system similar to the one in Afterlife.
Units and turrets use ammo during combat. If an unit runs out of ammo, it will stop firing. (Turrets also stop firing if they run out of energy; they can be recharged with batteries)

Enemies:
Zombie: Typical victim of the zombie apocalypse. Slow, weak and easier to kill.
Ghoul: Fast moving mutated creature with paralyzing venom attack and minor evasion ability.
Forgotten One: Overmutated ghoul with more speed. Can climb over/walk over obstacles and walls!
Mutated Bat: Weak flying unit. Can spit spikes to survivors.
Abomination: Strong and durable unit which can plague survivors if it comes too close.
Dreadlord: Very dangerous enemy unit with venomed claws and Shackle & Drag ability. Can drag survivors out helplessly and finish them off easily (unless a fellow survivor provides assistance)

Items:
Meat, Water: Provides health to survivors. Survivors will slowly loose health during game which can be only replaced by eating-drinking. (Mechanical units -including Prototype- does not suffer from this.)
Wood, Iron, Steel, Cotton, Gunpowder, Engine, Sensor Module: These items can be used by Engineer for crafting. Creation of barricades, dummies, turrets and ammo is possible.

Buildings:

"Resource Production Sites" (in other words) do exist for the production of resources like food, ammo, iron, cotton etc.. When destroyed, civilians inside will run in panic, most likely to their doom =) And the destroyed production sites will cripple the income of resources for survivors, making the game harder to beat.

Some Screens from Development Stage:

P.S: Something is off with the PC; 3rd screen is a little f***ed up..
Edit: Ok, now it seems normal..
00_Loading_Screen.jpg

Free file hosting from File Den!
01_Units_Ammunition_Reload_System.jpg

02_Resource_Production_Sites.jpg

03_Craftable_Items.jpg

04_Creatures.jpg

More Up-To-Date In-Game Screens:

Interested?: