• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Terrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Mushrooms2.jpg
    Mushrooms2.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 153
  • Mushrooms3.jpg
    Mushrooms3.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 170
  • Mushrooms.jpg
    Mushrooms.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 238
  • Terrainice2.jpg
    Terrainice2.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 167
  • Terrainice3.jpg
    Terrainice3.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 160
  • Terrainice.jpg
    Terrainice.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 138
Level 9
Must say it's quite unique. :p Of course there's alot to improve but I like the 4th picture with the bandit scouting from an igloo.

Also, where'd you get the model for those "birds" on the 2nd picture?

Level 13
Id hafta say the first screenie is the best. Its not too cluttered and you made good use of the different sized mushrooms and fog.
Screenie 2 looks a little empty. Theres not much tile or ground variation. The main focus is kinda plain and theres not really much to look at.
Screenie 3 Looks pretty good but its a little cluttered with short doodads. Also, the angle isnt very epic.
Screenie 4 looks pretty decent but the over use of doodads with the same height makes it look cluttered. Also, the ice just kinda ends which seems unrealistic.
I would suggest removing the green spiderwebs in screenie 5, they look out of place. If your going to use them i would tint them a light blue using the object editor and make them a little larger. The use of many small doodads ususally looks alot worse than using one big one.
The last screenie looks pretty decent but it could use some more shrubs and rocks and tile variation. The sky doesnt fit with the northerend theme either.

Some tips, use the terrain raise tool and create some more hills/plateaus on your terrains and it should help out. Also theres no water in any screenshots (personally I think the water is one of the best looking things in all of WC) Also, before you take screenshots, make sure you have AA (anti alias) on. You can turn it on under preferences in the WE.

Status
Not open for further replies.