• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
The second terrain:

Story:
"Death whispers in the air, and the weather is so dim and dark these days...Somewhere near the borderlands of Lordaeron, just before the attack of Undeads on a Lordaeron local village"
lordaeron.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The first terrain:
Story:
"When Archimonde was summoned by Kel'Thuzad, he summoned a vast army of demons across Ashenvale...
The demons reigned war to all. As they spread their flames, so did they spread the corruption of the lands..This river seems to be the last board of the night elfs."

First:
forest3.jpg

Second:
forest2.jpg

Third
foreste.jpg

Last edited:
Level 5
Needs more vegetation (shrubs etc.). Also, the crossing from dead to green
seems to abrupt to me and the crystals, despite looking nice, somehow don't seem to fit the theme in my opinion.
Despite these things, it still looks nice, keep making more terrains and you'll end up being really good at this :thumbs_up:
edit: the last one looks best.

Level 16
Needs more vegetation (shrubs etc.). Also, the crossing from dead to green
seems to abrupt to me and the crystals, despite looking nice, somehow don't seem to fit the theme in my opinion.
Despite these things, it still looks nice, keep making more terrains and you'll end up being really good at this :thumbs_up:
edit: the last one looks best.

Well thanks a lot for the comment,
yeah now i noticed the first picture, the green behind the dead part, damn.
The crystals are somehow.. meant to be like river things or w/e, but i guess you're right they dont fit the theme :p.
Well im not really hopping to be a great terrainer, i did this for fun, but thnx :)
Yeah thats my opinion too.!

Level 9
did u used the glow model at the river (first pic)? If yes then delete them cause its kinda strage if a river ''glows''.
As foo_sharp already said it leaks vegetation and you should also make the river a bit deeper.

The idea is realy cool but you should use more doodads etc.

Level 16
did u used the glow model at the river (first pic)? If yes then delete them cause its kinda strage if a river ''glows''.
As foo_sharp already said it leaks vegetation and you should also make the river a bit deeper.

The idea is realy cool but you should use more doodads etc.

thanks for the feedback! :)
Well i didn't use glow, i used fog.. :/ the river is supposed to be 'magic like', it keeps the land from corrupting, that was my point!.
as for the others u r right. Will try to do more changes tomorrow.
again thanks ;)

Level 12
Personally, I think you could have did better angles for screenies, also need better tile variety and lot more vegetation

Level 36
Alright.

ON your second terrain there isnt really anything technically wrong.
However, it deoesnt' give of too much of an appeal, there
isnt any real "center of focus." Meaning that there is no
place in the picture than is more interestiong to look at
than others, and this is a vital point to be able to appeal.

Also, the terrain stops rather abruptly, it doesnt fade at all.
It's this birght and clear green road, and then BAM there
comes a wall of fog, thats not really good either. Then there are some
issues with doodad variation, mostly on the hill to the right
there seems to only be grass there, some more variation whould be nice.
Like bushes or something more.

There is also those green "blight" effect things on the ground that doesn't look too good,
and that fissure that is there for some odd reason.

As a last little not; might want to make the terrain a bit smoother.

Status
Not open for further replies.