• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
1. Just make a map with the editor.
2. Save the map.
3. Open Gimp/Photo shop or someting and make a new image. The height (width) must be height (width) of the map + 1 Pixel. Make the backgrund black and draw your terrain with a light-tool, as lighter as heighter (as darker as lower).
4. Save the image to a TGA-File.
5. Open the tool.
6. Load the tga and the map.
7. Press the "Convert"-Button an save the w3e-file.
8. Open your map with WinMPQ.
9. Delete the "war3map.w3e".
10. Add the converted w3e-file (step 7).
11. Rename the file to "war3map.w3e".
12. Close WinMPQ.
13. Open your map with the editor and place your units etc

Pay more attention to replies.

Level 8
Alright.

Well I'm using a map of Japan that has of course japan white and the water around it black. Now after I set the dimensions of the map to 192x192 I set the picture's size to 193x193 and then save it as a .tga.

Then I use the tool and import the war3map.w3e file. I replace the one already present and then close the MPQ editor. Then I try to open the map in the editor and it says the "war3map.w3e file is corrupt..." and wont open the map and actually shuts the editor down.

Delete the (attributes) file from the map.
It stores checksums of all other files to detect file corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.