1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Terrain Template:Lordearon City

Submitted by usfshihy
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Lordearon City Template-By Usfshihy
I was bored;so I decided to make a quick template.It represents Lordearon before it's transformation to the Undercity.It is based on how it looked in WoW.

You have the complete right to edit,modify and alter anything in it.However in one condition you MUST give credits to me as the rightful owner.

Note;The map has no custom imports and a lot of the size is taken by the preview image.

Screenshots
[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
Contents

Terrain Template:Lordearon City (Map)

Reviews
15:36, 9th Aug 2013 Orcnet: comment
  1. 15:36, 9th Aug 2013
    Orcnet: comment

2. Forsaken

Forsaken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Well, look nice, but is much deadn no live, perhaos with more doodads and envirement can be better...

3/5 + rep, i hope u updated this put more live :3

- Capital City is really different of what u have made :p

3. usfshihy

usfshihy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well as I checked in wow it is smaller-too small for a template.So I added a few modifications to it.and thx for reminding me of adding the critters.I totaly forgot about em :D

4. UndeadImmortal

UndeadImmortal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    * Map has a good layout.

* Currently, the terrain is too empty. I suggest reading this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ials-278/advanced-terraining-tutorial-203428/.
    * Some doodads does not have any pathing.
    * The whole map does not look like a city imo, few buildings and such. You could try looking at this map (I'm not advertising lolol).
    * The road at the middle looks plain blank, try decorating something on it.
    * I wonder how those trees grow in a round tiles. Using more tiles would be a wise move.
    * Those flying birds does not match with the terrain below them.

* Add more props/structures/environment/etc.
    * Try reading abgm's suggestion above.

The map's current state is too far from being approved.

5. usfshihy

usfshihy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well here is the problem guys.As I checked again in WoW I found out that it is not a city but it is a castle for defense not as a home for vendors and shops.I was really surprised and I didn't know what to do.So let's say this I will add more Military objects and decrease the houses and things.I think that would do so plz post what you feal.

6. UndeadImmortal

UndeadImmortal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great idea! I don't play WoW that much so yeah. Well houses are used in armies for shelter too, right?

7. usfshihy

usfshihy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No,more like small tents and more weapon and armor racks :p

8. Twilight

Twilight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Map looks gr8 but It needs something here and there. Put some viladgers, with out them the city is empty.
    -Add some units in the city

9. Legal_Ease

Legal_Ease

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Personally, I think the empty space is fine for a template. It let's the person who is going to use it decide what to fill it with. This is not a melee map, so I don't mind the empty spots. The only thing that bothers me is the edges. I think something can be done to make it look like something other than the edge of the world.

10. Twilight

Twilight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh sory dident fot about that, but neat nap.

11. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The whole terrain looks very simple and plain, not to mention how those little villages ever grow grass with such limited action going on.

even though you took this scene from WoW, it doesn't change the fact that our visuals from WoW-to-Wc3 will mimic the whole picture.

"My suggestion, follow the path, but not someone else's foot prints"

It would be great if you add both inner world and outer world of the terrain, by means of the castle(stables, military housings etc), inside the castle(sewers, war room, etc.), and outside the castle(grassy hills, water falls etc.)

Right now it needs more work, it looks really simple