• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain rework/ new terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi there,

I finally made it to an early pre- prealpha version of my map. Its the first (nearly) playable prototype. But it lacks still one thing to be playtested the first time: Terrain.

Simple put: I have 3 areas on my map, that will contain neutral mobs, you have to hunt, while the rest of the map is like a Hero siege.... Since im a total moron in Terraining stuff, id like to ask if somebody wants to build up those Hunting areas for me, and look over the rest of the map and remove extreme design errors in the terrain.
It doesnt have to be a Triple A contest Terrain, but it should provide a balanced gameplay for both teams, while not looking like i built it. (and yes thats definetly something you dont want Oo)

topdowncompletejhsud.png

The Areas im talking about are located in the middle of the map. There are 3 Themes: Forest, Deep sea and Ice. The fourth area is the Final boss and since im not finished with this guy at all, the terrain in this area doesnt need to be changed righ now.
Every area has 9 types of mobs on 3 different levels that will "live" there. Each mob stands for one attribute, so we have 1 of each Attribute on each level. The lower the level the more often the unit will be there in this area.

Hope somebody has some Spare time to help me out with this :ogre_haosis:

If you want to help or need more information, just let me know.

Greetings
CodeBlack

Status
Not open for further replies.