• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Questions - Stairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I have 2 questions.

I am trying to make a stair case, what is the best way to make it look like the stairs go downwards? I am looking at increasing the height of the playable floor in this particular room so the stairs physically go down.

How do I give the impression the stairs get darker, is there a dark shroud effect or shadow anything u can add??

Level 9
For stairs use a stairs model. At least ones from UTM. You can also give invisible platform a model of stairs -- that way the unit walks on top of the model. Even better solution is a slope-like invisible platforms -- you have to make them yourself, though.

To give impression of descent... Well, the actual descent is required, obviously. You can set up lightning to midnight, and put some light sources on top of stairs and none at bottom -- that's the easiest way. There are also numerous "darkness" models, I'm sure with little effort you can find them on your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.