• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Questions in making stairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
now now... ive read some threads about making stairs and I have questions..

1.how can I make a walkable destructible?
2.what destructible do I need to base the stairs ?
3.do invisible platforms need to be farther from each other to make stairs??

sorry haven't tested the #3 yet, but questions 1 and 2 is something I don't understand from the threads I read ..

Level 9
1. there's an option in the object editor for destructibles, it's called Is Walkable or something.
2. the most common stair models i see are elevators with a custom pathing map.
3. i don't think so

Level 17
1. Light
2. Import one and base it without Pathing and use Invisible Platforms. You can change them by CTRL+Page up (I mean you want stairs, not elevators right?)
EDIT: use Veritas's way too.
3. Wat do you mean? Anyway a gap between Invisible Platforms means an Instant fall to the Terrain. Also you cannot use somewhere with 2 Invisible platforms (e.g. Two Floors)

Last edited:
Level 14
You can always use invisible platforms at an angle to create stairs. Then you just need to raise them so they are lined up and put whatever you want for stairs.

To set the invisible platform at an angle you just need to set the pitch/roll angle to a negative number (hold shift when double clicking the field)

Status
Not open for further replies.