• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Walking up the stairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi there,
I Have a problem on my stairs, I tried to put up pathing blockers around it and an invisible platform in the middle of the stair, so i can I walk into it, but my problem is, when I tried walking into it, I only pass to the model, and not walking in the stairs, what maybe is the problem? Need help :psmile:

Level 25
you have to imitate stairs with invisible platforms. Right now, they are all on ground. What you have to do is to put them up so they're touching stairs.

To move doodads/destructibles up and down, hold down left [CTRL] button and then press and hold [Page Up] / [Page Down] buttons to move objects up or down.

From side view:
Code:
_ <- this is 1 platform

This is what you have:

_____________ <- you only have 1 linear line of platforms

This is what you need to have:

__
   __
__         <- you have various platforms with different heights, this way you imitated stairs.

What u mean? Your question is hardly comprehensible. Here is on example, how to make custom stairs using pathing maps http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/pathmaps.php Doesn't need to be custom model or pathing map, just the doodad must be walkable and be modeled like stairs, of course the borders shouldn't be pathable for ground unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.