• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain lightning issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
I encountered a strange problem...

I am using all kinds of light sources in my map(torches,braizers,lanterns,candles) and they gave such a nice look of light at those locations,etc...

Now i got a strange issue, mainly at some points of the map braizers/torches/candles stopped to show the lightning o_O.

Example:
In WE it shows like it should, the light effects, when i enter the map and test it some of the light effects aren't showing, leaving me with ugly black areas.

I think it may have something to do with the fact i raised their height but i am still confused o_O, everything worked fine till today.

I tried a lots of things, from disabling fog of war and black mask, to changing the time of day, and some other things...

I am really stunned by the fact my light effects got screwed up, i need help on this issue, mainly what could have caused this and how do i fix it.

I encountered a strange problem...

I am using all kinds of light sources in my map(torches,braizers,lanterns,candles) and they gave such a nice look of light at those locations,etc...

Now i got a strange issue, mainly at some points of the map braizers/torches/candles stopped to show the lightning o_O.

Example:
In WE it shows like it should, the light effects, when i enter the map and test it some of the light effects aren't showing, leaving me with ugly black areas.

I think it may have something to do with the fact i raised their height but i am still confused o_O, everything worked fine till today.

I tried a lots of things, from disabling fog of war and black mask, to changing the time of day, and some other things...

I am really stunned by the fact my light effects got screwed up, i need help on this issue, mainly what could have caused this and how do i fix it.

its lighting not lightning...have you tried lowering their height or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.