• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Terrain deformation in-game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I have searched for how to do this on many forums without finding any good answers. How do I make a unit create a permanent deformation? It should be able to create rivers and such things when moving. I know how to create a terrain deformation actor, but I don't know how to attach it to the unit.

Level 6
I tried to attach it to a unit, when I move it around in-game, the terrain beneath it is deformed. The deformed terrain should stay deformed, but it doesn't when I move it around. It's only deformed at the position of the unit.

If I'm going to use Dr. Super Good's solution, I have to know if it will lag or not on average computers. I'm going to use 100-200 of these actors, placed in a line.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I am not sure what terrain deformation actors are. They might just be once off actors that make a change and then are usless, they might need to remain for the deformation to be effective.

In any case moving would require them to be a whole level more complex which is why I assume you cannot move them.

Status
Not open for further replies.