• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Actors, and alot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
In my map I am making, I am using terrain deformation alot. I figure that it is an actor and the deformation can be reverted if the actor is destroyed, so it must be taking up alot of memory with a couple thousand going on?

Is there a way to make the actor not save that information and just change the map while playing it not being able to revert it?

I don't know much if anything when it comes to cluttering your map with information, but, I figure having a thousand or so of these terrain deformation actors on screen must not be good.

Another option was the, "Not Saved" Flag. Although I don't know what it does. Would it remove the actor after being used, but still keep the terrain deformed?

Also, I want to place a doodad(Crater, fissure) where the terrain deformation happened. Is there a way I can do this without using up alot of memory?

I don't even know what I am talking about. I wish there was a manual for the definitions of flags and other things in the editor.

Also, is there a way to color the ground? Or an actor to change terrain texture?

Level 12
Terrain deformation actors only change the apparence of the terrain, it's actual height (when asked by triggers) remains the same (in warcraft this wasn't true and cause desyncs with different graphics settings - on low setting, terrain deformations were hidden and triggers revceived different values) - for this reason I think the original terrain height has to be saved no matter what.

Terrain texture can't be changed, but you can use Decal actor with any textures you want to create an ubersplat.

Status
Not open for further replies.