• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Temporary multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hey i have a temporary way to get multi player, u make a map like for battle net (not a campaign mission) and u can say a comand inside the campaign to give u a code, that u can say -load in the battle net game to load that hero.i know it sounds impossible but ive seen som1 do it it was in som rpg where the max lvl is 10 but there are 8 other mpas u can lioad ur charicter on i forgot the name of the rpg

Level 3
no i mean like a arena or a instance, stuff like that

oh and cracka i just realized when i read ur 'real' forums and i relized u spelled my name wrong on beta testers list its kaliger not kaligar

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 34
@HT: Didn't you or Craka already say a BG for b-net was in the "maybe in the future" plans.

Level 5
Why bother? No offense of course to the Wc3: WoW team, but character play isn't currently your strong point.

Not to say the game isn't neato already, because it is ;)

Ditto
Plus we would have to come up with B-net compatible battleground code from the single player code we already have.....
:con:
oh wait
We don't have single-player battleground code!
:wink:
So there really would be no point to it.
Also it would just delay the next public release of Wc3: WoW

Last edited:
Level 34
I did say "maybe in the future".

I don't understand the "we don't have single player battleground codes"?

Level 25
The plan of making an instance or BG, BNet compatible, was a fairly old idea. Now that we've discovered a possibility on making the campaign into an MMORPG, the BG's and instances will be in the campaign, along with all other zones.

We won't add a save/load code system until Multiplayer is finally introduced to Wc3:WoW (Unless we really had to for some logical reason).
~Craka_J

Level 3
umm cracka why havent u replied to any of the PMs i sent u? wit the bugs and stuff of the seemingly-old version becuse everything u said on the cgange log page wasnt in thre and the bigish problem u can walk right throw trees,rocks, and custom bridges i was a nightelf druid and i got stuck at the place wit the giant bridge cus it practicly didnt exist, i just walked under and i couldnt get to the other side so i was stuck and can u plz add 2 modles for each char so u can choose male and female plz? cus nightelf is my favarate race and they r all girls......

Level 34
Do you think you will implement both male and female for every class and race? I wouldn't think it would be too hard. Just slim the model and a slight face skin.

Level 25
The factor that makes this hard is mainly for the modellers. Modellers have a very hard time making female models for the following races:
  • Tauren
  • Undead
  • Dwarves
  • Trolls (kinda)
  • Gnomes
All of those are stuff we lack and we need good modellers who can do them all.
~Craka_J

Level 25
Haven't seen HT on for about a week now. But I have General Frank making a couple Male Night Elf models now so it's not like there's nothing being done in the modelling field. Speaking of which, Shados is soon going to take screenshots of some of the spell effects he needs for Wc3:WoW and send them to WILLTHEALMIGHTY and JetFangInferno. So finally those two will have something to make pretty soon, again.
~Craka_J

Level 7
hey i have a temporary way to get multi player, u make a map like for battle net (not a campaign mission) and u can say a comand inside the campaign to give u a code, that u can say -load in the battle net game to load that hero.i know it sounds impossible but ive seen som1 do it it was in som rpg where the max lvl is 10 but there are 8 other mpas u can lioad ur charicter on i forgot the name of the rpg

You probably mean Ragos ORPG. And there are already 11 maps where you can load your hero...
By the way a question to the wc3:wow team. Don't you have problems with triggers suddenly not working anymore? Because I have that problem in Ragos ORPG now. Triggers that always worked suddenly stop working.
Like a simple: "unit enters region - order unit to move to point"
I think it has to do that the game is already so overloaded with unit datas and things.
And since your project is gigantic too, you could have the same problem...?

(I thought about removing unused datas from other maps, but then I can't update them anymore by just export/inport all datas)

Happy new year to everybody! And good luck to the wc3:wow-team for their huge project :thumbs_up:

Level 25
We've found out that vJASS is the problem. So all we had to do really was redo stuff without it. However this will cause some triggered systems such as the Talent System to be delayed, and possibly not available in the upcoming open beta.

Happy New Year to all of you as well!

~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.