• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Tele-slam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I want to create a skill, that would look like "wave form" from Hero Morphling in DotaAllstars. I mean it looks like first skills of tauren chieftain, but the thing is that i want the hero to tele to the end of the spell effect. Its that possible to do just with World editor?

Open trigger editor.

Attachments

• A07.jpg
    A07.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 9
create a spell like "shockwave" of the tauren chieftain, then create a trigger like this

EVENTS:
-A unit starts the effect of an ability

CONDITIONS:
-ability being cast = (your waveform ability)

EFFECTS:
-wait (the seconds that the spell takes) seconds of game time
-move casting unit instantly to position of casting unit offset by (the range of the spell) towards facing of casting unit degrees

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Spell-creation threads go on the Spells and Systems forum.
[self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=309"]
spellsandsystems.gif
»»» Spells and Systems
[/self]
Talk regarding custom created spells and systems takes place in here. Get help creating a spell or implementing a system etc.
Do NOT request for help or talk about spell-creation in the World Editor Help Zone. Spell-matters go on the Spells and Systems, which has it's link above.
~Thread Moved

Level 9
shockwave has a fix range! and if he wants the unit to teleport where he clicked, he just has to replace
"position of casting unit offset by (the range of the spell) towards facing of casting unit degrees"
with an easier
"target point of ability being cast"

hmm.. I should learn how to write triggers properly in the forum

Level 17
I wouldn't base it on shockwave. I would base it on some area target spell and do something like this:
Make "Morphling" disappear. Create a flying dummy unit with the water model, play the sound, order the dummy unit to move to the target point, damage everything hostile in its way (well there are many ways to do this). When the unit enters the target point kill the dummy and place "Morphling" to the target point.
Hand out free towels to the victims.

Level 4
I'm sorry that i have puted this thread to the wrong place. I tried the idea with shockwave, it works pretty good but the problem is that the hero, who is casting the spell stands normally, and teleports to the end of the shockwave. The point of spell i need is that the hero musn't be visible while the wave is moving. Ill try the idea of emperor_d3st now.

I just replaced the "unit enters the target point kill" with Wait seconds and it looks GREAT! Thats what i was looking for! THX!

Now the only problem is that i HAVE to use the "unit enters the targer point" because player can cast the spell in 200range of his hero and 700 too, and the time of moving (dummmy) will be different. Please tell me the exact name of his action

Last edited:
Level 17
I wouldn't use a wait function in a spell because that makes it not multi user instanceable. I didn't say "unit enters the target point" is an action/event or anything, I just didn't want to make the whole spell :p
Well, I'm not sure how to solve that in GUI.
I would do something like this:
Give the "fake morph" unit an expiration timer based on the distance between the target location and the caster's location. When the fake morph "expires" place the real one there.

Level 24
Ok create dummy unit at location of "morphling". Add imolation to dummy unit). Order dummy unit to move to point (target point of ability being cast.) Hide "morphling". Unit enters point/region (point of ability being cast). Move morphling instlatly to location of dummy unit. Unhide morphling.

This shoud work I think.

Level 4
I have created a trigger and i was sure it will work, but i was wrong. the hero does nothing :/. Thats the trigger:
Events:
-Unit- a unit stars the effect of an abillity

Conditions:
-(Ability being cas) Equal to Dark path

Actions:
-Unit- Create 1 Wave for (owner of Triggering unit at (position of triggering unit) facing x
-Unit- order (Last created unit) to move to targer of point of (ability being cast)
-Unit- Hide (Triggering unit)
-If (((Region centered at (Targer point of ability being cast) with size (250.00,250.00)) contains (Last created unit) Equal to True then do (unit- move (triggering unit) instantly to (position of (last created unit))) else (do nothing)
-Unit- Move (triggering unit) instantly to (position of (last created unit), facing x
-Unit- Unhide (triggering unit)
-Unit- remove (last craeted unit) frmo the game

Level 29
Obviously. The If checks right after the move order, the unit probably didn't even get to move.
What you need is "Wait while 'condition'", which is a wait action.
You leak locations.
You do not use any action with Last Created Unit in this case as this will destroy even the lousy MPI you can (actually you can't...) make of this.
You do not use Region sucky stuffs, you give an exparation timer to the unit based on the distance and speed - D/S.
You post triggers here with [trigger]text[/trigger].

And emperor_d3st, don't even bother talking to them about MUI, they will fail anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.