• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tekken 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Not really a Tekken player. It's pretty much identical to Soul Calibur though right?

Level 17
Not at all. Even if they have the same creator, only the core is similar.

In SoulCalibur you have A: Horisontal attack. B: Vercital attack. K: Kick. G: Guard

In Tekken you have Right Punch, Left Punch, Right Kick, Left kick, and you guard by going backwards.

This is only one of the things, but the point is that it is quite different.
I play both ofcoarse.

Level 34
That's why I like MSBM. You don't need to memorize combos, it just takes skill and thinking.

Level 17
Sounds really really bland. Memorizing is not fun for most people.

I respect your opinion, though i must say that "most people" doesn't sound right. Because most of the people i know actually like this, and i know quite many.

And yes, most of them prefer FPS, so it has nothing to do with me only knowing people who like fighting games.

IMO, it takes more skill to play hardcore at a fighting game than a FPS, but as i said, it's my opinion.

Level 17
Ah, it's so nice to meet a reasonable fanboy.

Anyways, I prefer counter-attacks/timing skills to memorizing.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but i'm hoping for the later.

I also like timing skills, but when it comes to games like Super Smash Bros for example i get the feeling of too few attacks. That's me i guess:mwahaha::mwahaha:

Level 17
20 something attacks are too few? Whoa. :p

I doubt there's even 20 regular attacks per character(not counting items or smash balls), but it's much the same attacks over and over. This game is fun because there is much more jumping and dodging though, but i get tired of it.

I prefer my 162 different attacks and combos and my 10-hitcombos :D

Level 34
I doubt there's even 20 regular attacks per character(not counting items or smash balls), but it's much the same attacks over and over. This game is fun because there is much more jumping and dodging though, but i get tired of it.
Well let's break it down, I don't know how many there are.

Ground:
A, back A, forward A, up A, down A, running A.
Back smash, forward smash, up smash, down smash.

Air:
Safety kick, forward A, down A, back A, up A.

B moves:
B, forward B, back B, down B, up B.

I count exactly 20. Good guess eh? :p
Also I can't remember, is there a difference between forward A, and slightly forward A? I think there is. That would make a total of 24?

I prefer my 162 different attacks and combos and my 10-hitcombos :D
Haha, I wish I had enough room up there to remember 162 attacks. :p
Oh, and I prefer combos in SSBM. It feels more like you're actually doing the combo, instead of just typing out a pattern that you memorized. Each to their own though.

Level 17
Oh, and I prefer combos in SSBM. It feels more like you're actually doing the combo, instead of just typing out a pattern that you memorized. Each to their own though.

That is practically the point i was trying to make, that both systems have their advantages.

And i forgot about the air attacks. But i think it's no direction and up without jumping, and not slightly forward. You might be thinking about charge attack too.
But this is kinda offtopic:con:

Level 5
oh GOODY! A Tekken 6 Thread. Just what i was looking for :) :) :)
So yea. Anyone here have accounts on Tekken Zaibatsu? ^_^

And there seems to be some arguing here about Tekken. Well here, its not just memorizing. It takes skill, timing, and... hmm... predicting. Seriously, i know how some people look at tekken when they first see it. "Punching-Kicking Game. Very Boring. Blahblahblah" But its actually allot more than that. So yeah. If you actually TRY the game itself and play it with friends, it can actually be fun.

Other than that, its just like playing Battle Net and etc. but instead, a 1on1 game when you play in the arcades. You challenge random people. And I know not all of you really know, since most of the people who play Warcraft home gamers only. But Tekken 6 actually has a feat. where you save your wins and losses with Data Cards. With Data Cards, you can get and win Fight Money and Customs for your character. Like you can customize their Hair, Clothes, Cloth Color, and etc. :) So yea. its allot more than just Punching and Kicking.

Level 13
i agree tekken has a huge ammount of memorization to play it to the full. that aside, you can still have plenty of fun and be pretty good without memorizing every move.

oh and it's interesting to hear some stuff about tekken 6. i loved tekken 4 immensely especially the forest level and the replay feature, neither of which were in tekken 5, yet tekken 5 was still quite good. at any rate it's funny cuz in tekken 3 yoshimitsu was my main character but in tekken 4 although yoshimitsu was really awesome i used ling xiaoyu more just because it was a blast using her with the walls...anyway by the time tekken 5 comes out i'm mediocre with both of them, haha. how is the replay feature anyway? did it return in tekken 6? and how are yoshi and ling?

Level 5
6 Characters were added in total. 4 in Tekken 6 and 2 more in Tekken 6: BR.

And why does it suck cuz of 6 character additions? xD
It was 6 in total in Tekken 5 but they brought back lots of characters like Wang, Armor King, etc. which is why it had a big difference from 4 and 5 ^^

Level 5
Tekken 3 was the best :wink: but i think Tekken 5 over shadowed 3? Not really sure. I only started playing at 5 :p

Level 5
Why "not counting dark ressurection"? Lili was a great addition to the game :p She is still abit overpowered until now :wink:

Level 5
Yes. She still does O_O From Tekken 5: DR>Tekken6>Tekken6 BR.
She has a Death Combo >.< Which is why she is "fun" to use :p

Status
Not open for further replies.