• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Td isue.how to make waves ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have some pRoblem .I Make wave but i dont like .

Time - Elapsed game time is 30.00 seconds
Unit - Create 10 Murloc level 1 for Neutral Hostile at (Center of Spawn Region <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

is something like that .Can someone tell me how to make good waves .
PLS

Level 8
hehe, first person to give my wave system.Its a little hard, but try to understandm it is very usefull, and not much triggers.U can change what do to do, can change everything.
  • Core Funtion Copy
    • Events
      • Time - Next_Level expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Setup Timer --------
      • Countdown Timer - Pause Next_Level
      • Countdown Timer - Destroy (Last created timer window)
      • -------- Create Units --------
      • Unit - Create Monster_Amount Monster_Type for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Red Creeps <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • -------- Level Info --------
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: ((Level + (String(Level_Number))) + ( - + ((Name of (Last created unit)) + s)))
      • -------- Misc. --------
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 12 (Brown)) and do (Unit - Set (Picked unit) acquisition range to 0.00)
  • Next Level Copy
    • Events
      • Player - Player 12 (Brown)'s Food used becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Gold Change --------
      • Set Gold_Amount = (Gold_Amount + 2)
      • -------- Level Setup --------
      • Set Level_Number = (Level_Number + 1)
      • -------- Timer --------
      • If (Level_Number Equal to 1) then do (Countdown Timer - Start Next_Level as a One-shot timer that will expire in 60.00 seconds) else do (Countdown Timer - Start Next_Level as a One-shot timer that will expire in 30.00 seconds)
      • Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for Next_Level with title ((Level + (String(Level_Number))) + em...)
      • Countdown Timer - Show (Last created timer window)
      • Set Next_Level = (Last started timer)
      • -------- Set Next Level --------
      • If (Level_Number Equal to 1) then do (Wait 29.50 seconds) else do (Do nothing)
      • Trigger - Run Gold and Tips Copy <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Trigger - Run Set Levels Copy <gen> (checking conditions)
  • Set Levels Copy
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Level 1 --------
      • If (Level_Number Equal to 1) then do (Set Monster_Type = Murlocs else do (Do nothing)
      • If (Level_Number Equal to 1) then do (Set Monster_Amount = 20) else do (Do nothing)
      • -------- Level 2 --------
      • If (Level_Number Equal to 2) then do (Set Monster_Type = OtherMurlocs else do (Do nothing)
      • If (Level_Number Equal to 2) then do (Set Monster_Amount = 20) else do (Do nothing)
      • -------- Level 3 --------
      • If (Level_Number Equal to 3) then do (Set Monster_Type = Fire RedMurlocs else do (Do nothing)
      • If (Level_Number Equal to 3) then do (Set Monster_Amount = 20) else do (Do nothing)
Any questions, ask to me

Level 3
UMMM THIS IS for every player ? sorry i am a litle nooob so you can explain me how to put that triger image here ?
example how ?
Set Levels Copy

Events
Conditions
Actions

-------- Level 1 --------
If (Level_Number Equal to 1) then do (Set Monster_Type = Murlocs else do (Do nothing)
If (Level_Number Equal to 1) then do (Set Monster_Amount = 20) else do (Do nothing)
-------- Level 2 --------
If (Level_Number Equal to 2) then do (Set Monster_Type = OtherMurlocs else do (Do nothing)
If (Level_Number Equal to 2) then do (Set Monster_Amount = 20) else do (Do nothing)
-------- Level 3 --------
If (Level_Number Equal to 3) then do (Set Monster_Type = Fire RedMurlocs else do (Do nothing)
If (Level_Number Equal to 3) then do (Set Monster_Amount = 20) else do (Do nothing)

Level 8
Click the button on the top bar.. near the right side. Looks like this
folder.gif

Says, " Wrap
  • tags around SELECTED text

Level 28
So you don't like the spawn-system of my map? D: I gave you my map, a fully working TD, so you could have some good triggers and you didn't even give me rep D:
That actually wasn't what I wanted to say...(don't mind the above :p)

Do not double post threads! (this thread and the one in the WE help zone).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Look at my green circle TD gold map. I made a perfect example of an efficent and easilly maintainable spawn system from which you can learn the basics. Ofcourse it probably is unsuited for your current task, but the concept it uses is what you are meant to learn so you will be capable of creating your own.

Basically I have a wave table with wave stats like length of wave, number spawned and type of unit (and any additional text or values used). Then I have the main engine which uses the table and some variables and runs continuasly in a chain until after the final wave. This programming outline I find most effective as it allows easy maintenence of every axpect of the system and is also highly efficent as the same code is reused all the time.

By table, all I mean is a group of parralel arrays with information grouped together without any gaps so that it can be axcessed easilly and logically. Eg Array entry 1 contains wave 1, Entry 2 contains wave 2 etc.

Level 28
Look at my green circle TD gold map. I made a perfect example of an efficent and easilly maintainable spawn system from which you can learn the basics. Ofcourse it probably is unsuited for your current task, but the concept it uses is what you are meant to learn so you will be capable of creating your own.

Basically I have a wave table with wave stats like length of wave, number spawned and type of unit (and any additional text or values used). Then I have the main engine which uses the table and some variables and runs continuasly in a chain until after the final wave. This programming outline I find most effective as it allows easy maintenence of every axpect of the system and is also highly efficent as the same code is reused all the time.

By table, all I mean is a group of parralel arrays with information grouped together without any gaps so that it can be axcessed easilly and logically. Eg Array entry 1 contains wave 1, Entry 2 contains wave 2 etc.

Heh, I use the same type of system in my map, but I think he didn't like that :D
(I only didn't use wave length, as the wave starts at a preset time after the previous wave is defeated).

Level 3
ap0calypse i didn't say that i dont like your td triger tutorial ,but is very hard .
Can you help me with my td map ?

Status
Not open for further replies.