• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

TD: creeps get stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
what are the most reliable settings for creep movement in TD maps?

should triggers periodically grab all units in area and issue move order?

how do you prevent creeps from getting stuck?

what i have now is

1. one move order, that is given to every unit as soon as it is spawned
2. one move order, that is given to whatever unit is
issued an order with no target(stop)

but still sometimes creep get stuck x(

Level 7
Ok at first I would say method 1 is better.
Event: Unit enters Region
Condition: Triggering Unit is owned by Player 12
Action: Order Triggering Unit to <Go to (Region)>

Then I would make a tower with 1-1 damage on each corner, so when they get stuck it shoots on them, or I would make an ability for the Tower Builder that hurts 1-1damage. Say me if one of my tipps are good for your map... If yes, plz give some +rep :)

Level 13
1-1 damage takes ages to kill units if it happens in late game, try setting collision size to 0, and give our builders an ability based on invisibilty, with targets set to enemy and duration 1 second, this would be a solution if you mean that two units get stuck one in another, if you mean that large groups of units stop on their way, and then move on, you simply have to many units around

Level 12
Another method of creeps getting stuck might be the computer lagging- meaning it has a massively hard time ordering all the units to go to places.

In that case, simply make less units. There might be better solutions, but I'm no expert.

Level 4
Try waypoints. You can order creeps to go to one point, then the next, and so on. This almost completely removes screwy stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.